the clubman

beretta

On the subject of non-registered competitions, can anybody tell me if I can get the scores from these (Doveridge today and Catton tomorrow) put on my CPSA record to go towards my classification? The lady at Doveridge told me that they won't be sending the scores in to the CPSA, but she thought I could tell them myself and they would check it with the ground and get it entered. hmm1.gif

Do we know if that's a pissabollity?

Nope :blink:

Edited by paulos

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right, it's a rear entry isn't it? <_<:blush::blush:

On the subject of non-registered competitions, can anybody tell me if I can get the scores from these (Doveridge today and Catton tomorrow) put on my CPSA record to go towards my classification? The lady at Doveridge told me that they won't be sending the scores in to the CPSA, but she thought I could tell them myself and they would check it with the ground and get it entered. :blink:

Do we know if that's a pissabollity?

i doubt they will count as in theory you could be marking your own card being none registered.

Before you get your Go-Faster Blue CPSA Card out from its secure case Chard - the shoot at Catton isn't registered :blush:

ps. Well shot at Doveridge :blink:

what a pity...on Catton Hall's web site its listed as a registered for tomorrow... oh well it will still be fun none the less <_<

If you have done 1 shoot then that is enough to get a class, they don't get calculated until the end of October though. Get yourself over to Rufforth for the Sportrap tomorrow Chard :blink:

Where's Rufforth? <_<

Do I need a visa and malaria tablets to go there?

what a pity...on Catton Hall's web site its listed as a registered for tomorrow... oh well it will still be fun none the less :blush:

It is isn't it? I thought I'd seen it somewhere as registered.

I think it's a slip of the pen. It says on the calendar thing that it's a rear entry pile driver :yes: then when you click on it, it says it's registered. It's down on my fixtures card as rear entry, so I guess that's that :blush:<_< :blink:

Edited by Chard

It is isn't it? I thought I'd seen it somewhere as registered.

I think it's a slip of the pen. It says on the calendar thing that it's a rear entry pile driver :P then when you click on it, it says it's registered. It's down on my fixtures card as rear entry, so I guess that's that :hmm::hmm::stupid:

Well done Chard at the Clubmans but I had a pony on you to win with Ladbrookes and now it's another month with no shoes for the children :yes::look::D promise me you'll try a bit harder next year cos it will be their medicine money on the line!!

Anyhoo Catton Hall, their Bank Holiday shoots are always open or re-entry, it's only their 4th Sunday of the month shoots which are registered. You quite often find errors in the magazine listings, Sporting Gun has, until very recently, been listing a Saturday 50 birder at a local shoot that closed down about 8 years ago. As they say, always ring and confirm before traveling.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to get your scores registered with the CPSA, the way you have been going lately you will be straight into A class at least, AA if you aren't careful. The trouble then it is really is hard to win and you can get demoralized, 6 to 12 months in B class will probably see you pick up some places or even wins and that will really get you motivated.

Will probably bump into you tomorrow at Catton (weather forecast is OK :good: ) my lot don't start shooting till about 11:30 so you will be nearly finished by then.

Regards

Mr P

not a bad result though guys :hmm::yes:

considering your only just ventureing out into the comp world i think your all doing great. :yes:

even annis going steady now. :D:good:

well done all. :P

Thanks Mr B :)

Not a bad result but we're suitably gutted that we couldn't put it all together when it matters :hmm:

I think that we're all harsh on our performances as we know that we're capable of more, and probably expect everything now rather than in due course with more experience etc :stupid:

The Clubman was a great experience - I just shot it like a Chump!

The 100 birder was brilliant (testing variety of targets) and the stress free pool comp using Timps' DT10 topped off an overall highly enjoyable day :look:

Cheers Chard, Chris and Craig :hmm:

you guys really need to start doing a different ground every week. there are loads within 2 hours drive of manc. you need to build up your targets which wont happen at worsley im afraid.

if you have to go to worsley (which is handy i know) just go once a month to see how you are progressing, you will see a difference.

like mr p says, dont be to eager to get good scores in and end up in AA straight away.

STEADY AWAY :stupid::hmm:

Well done Chard at the Clubmans but I had a pony on you to win with Ladbrookes and now it's another month with no shoes for the children :D:yes::good: promise me you'll try a bit harder next year cos it will be their medicine money on the line!!

Anyhoo Catton Hall, their Bank Holiday shoots are always open or re-entry, it's only their 4th Sunday of the month shoots which are registered. You quite often find errors in the magazine listings, Sporting Gun has, until very recently, been listing a Saturday 50 birder at a local shoot that closed down about 8 years ago. As they say, always ring and confirm before traveling.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to get your scores registered with the CPSA, the way you have been going lately you will be straight into A class at least, AA if you aren't careful. The trouble then it is really is hard to win and you can get demoralized, 6 to 12 months in B class will probably see you pick up some places or even wins and that will really get you motivated.

Will probably bump into you tomorrow at Catton (weather forecast is OK :look: ) my lot don't start shooting till about 11:30 so you will be nearly finished by then.

Regards

Mr P

I'm sorry to hear that your family will be barefoot for the foreseeable future, Mr P. I did have that in mind as I was sweating on the skeet. The tears in my eyes must have blurred my vision :hmm:

We'll get to Catton between 10:30 and 11:00 and hit the coffee and buns, I expect :stupid: . Sod the shooting. I expect we'll see you there. :hmm:

I know there's plenty of time for my classification, but I don't really want to go into B or C class, because I'm a snob. The only score I've got against my name so far is for that ******* Welsh Open, which was so bloody difficult that I only shot 67. If I don't get something in better than that, it's C Class here I come :yes: . That might mean I'll win £50 or so every 10 minutes, but I'd rather start off in A Class and get tested and stretched a bit.

Funny old game, as they say.

See you in the morning. Whatever the weather forecast says, it will be horizontal rain tomorrow, because I'm going. Whenever I go to Catton Hall, there's a deluge, so take your camo Pacamac :P

Like " b"says, do as many different grounds as you can. It's surprising, you'll learn more about different course setters, backgrounds, open sky's with no backgrounds, two different traps on following pairs hidden behind trees,when you thought that they were the same trap arm, standards or middies, battues or rabbits thrown as battues,rockets thrown as standards, etc etc - and unless its a championship it probably wont even tell you.It's all an enjoyable learning curve. Well done to all who did the clubman. I'm going to Rufforth, tomorrow, Cattons a bit far off 2 and 1/2 away.

Like " b"says, do as many different grounds as you can. It's surprising, you'll learn more about different course setters, backgrounds, open sky's with no backgrounds, two different traps on following pairs hidden behind trees,when you thought that they were the same trap arm, standards or middies, battues or rabbits thrown as battues,rockets thrown as standards, etc etc - and unless its a championship it probably wont even tell you.It's all an enjoyable learning curve. Well done to all who did the clubman. I'm going to Rufforth, tomorrow, Cattons a bit far off 2 and 1/2 away.

Yes, we were talking about this on the phone tonight. We'll get out and about more and perhaps just shoot the monthly members comp at Worsley :stupid:

Aren't you going to describe Berettas loud trousers then? I was hoping for photographs. :yes::good::D

Hope you have a good do at Rufforth. We'll come over and have a look at it one of these days :hmm: