2p rise in fuel duty announced

Robalex

Guest topshot_2k
Having a BSC Honours degree in Conservation and environment, ive tended to have been given and researched a fair bit on the the environmental benefit of this. Im totally skint and am in big time dept and drive daily, but still I think its a good idea.

The fact is, is that without doing stuff for the environment within 50 years we are all going to die anyway.

:lol:

taxing us more for petrol isnt going to stop global warming, nothing is. and it certainly wont slow up whilst countries like china and russia pump out all sorts of ****/carbon from their factories, refineries etc

i believe the climate is changing, I dont believe its changing for the reasons the govt' says is.

If it were Co2 why are we allowing the building of more coal power stations in the UK? Why are we banning light bulbs when we should be forcing any country importing goods into the EU to conform to our Kyoto protocols?

Why are we taxing little people like me and sending govt ministers to summits on climate change on private jets when they could use video conferencing?

The fact is, its a gravy train, one which will make communism easier to achive (sorry re distribution of wealth) and provides a limitless and never attainable level of "greenness".

If you look at what 90 % of what the carbon offset money is spent on it isn't buying huge swaths of amazon rain forrest to stop it being cut down, its isnt on researching clean coal technologies its sent to africa making better stoves and schools.

As for its almost too late or were all doomed... Remember th 45 minute WMD's in iraq? its we must do this or else you will die, whether it happens or not, at the end the govt will turn around and be able to say "well as you can see we did what was right at the time"

I also suspect that many, like me, remember the 70's when it was the start of a new ice age and the temperature was falling 1 degree every 2 years so "insulate your house to save freezing".

The whole issueas soneone has said is a big con trick and gravy train.

An example of what the "greens" don't tell you is that the "carbon" cost (not the actual cost although it holds true here) of building, setting up, and maintaining a wind turbine is getting on for twice that of the power produced. Go figure :blink: :good:

Rapeseed oil is 77.5 ppl at the local Morrisons supermarket - not of course that I am suggesting adding it to your diesel

I had originally posted this, believing that it was illegal to add duty-free food oil to your diesel-tank

- BUT IT ISN'T

I discovered today that you can use up to 2500 litres per annum of untaxed oil in your diesel perfectly legally.

Morrison's (and Tesco's) 3 litre bottles of rapeseed oil is now 84ppl, but it's still considerably cheaper than their diesel at £1.05 per litre.

I'm investigating how much 20 litre drums of catering oil costs now.

I've not been running the car on straight vegetable oil - just putting 35 litres of diesel in the tank and adding 6 litres of rapeseed, and found that the car runs smoother with a sweeter smell.

It is a Volkswagen engine, and they are happy to run on a high biodiesel content.

And of course Rudolph Diesel ran his first engines on vegetable oil