Any Geordies or people from Newcastle / northumberland?!

robmiller

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i`m from nortumberland and going to whitfield tomorrow. shot at lambton a few weeks back. good day out and addictive bot of them !

Indeed, my favourite stand is the one on the dodgy wooden bridge shooting along the river.

Will be there for about 9ish, having a bacon buttie on the Porsche stand.

cheers

Stu

Indeed, my favourite stand is the one on the dodgy wooden bridge shooting along the river.

cheers

Stu

Me and the bro in law were on the Porsche stand a few years ago each ended up with a 24 test drive of either;

911 convertable

boxter

caymen

but we waited for the better weather and then my health problems kicked in so it never happened ;)

shaun..

ps if your checking this on your mobile you should ask them if they still do it.

cheers

Stu

We shot it on Saturday and it was a cracking shoot again this year. We managed to retain the trophy for another year it just a shame it's a 400 mile round trip from staffordshire. :yes::yes:

Hey K, you're spoilt enough for choice down your way, you can't complain that this ONE shoot is too far away! :yes:

Well shot :yes:

I know we have plenty of choice, but with coniston & whitfield both good venues it makes a refreshing change from the same old grounds each week. I am not complaining but when it's an 18 hour day it gets to you the next day. :yes::good::good:

I think we will have to find a hotel next year

Paul dont pack in shooting registerd shoots just jet just be a bit more selective where you shoot.

regds K

just back in ! the high pheasant were hard for us this year as well , drifting off to the right a bit. a gun in my team had a misfire on two stands. not good when it went off when closing. the high pheasant cages make closing the gun a bit tight in the heat of the moment. should be told to step backwards then close. just my opinion tho.

just back in ! the high pheasant were hard for us this year as well , drifting off to the right a bit. a gun in my team had a misfire on two stands. not good when it went off when closing. the high pheasant cages make closing the gun a bit tight in the heat of the moment. should be told to step backwards then close. just my opinion tho.

I agree the problem is quite a lot of people didn't even have the time to load before the next drive was over them.

I agree the problem is quite a lot of people didn't even have the time to load before the next drive was over them.

it made my team think about gun safety a bit more after the miss fire incident. on the high pheasant why is there a tall guard directly in front of you ? forcing you to bring your gun back in to the cage. when the time is tight to reload people forget best practice.

i found the best strategy was to take a step back, bringing the gun down in front of you, reload then barrel up in the same manner. Saw too many shooters with static feet, poking loaded guns about in the cage, and then bringing loaded guns up sideways, with barrels pointing at their team mates - made me cringe :good:

stu

i found the best strategy was to take a step back, bringing the gun down in front of you, reload then barrel up in the same manner. Saw too many shooters with static feet, poking loaded guns about in the cage, and then bringing loaded guns up sideways, with barrels pointing at their team mates - made me cringe :lol:

stu

Come on then stu, how did you do......

see you saturday morning....

shaun

i found the best strategy was to take a step back, bringing the gun down in front of you, reload then barrel up in the same manner. Saw too many shooters with static feet, poking loaded guns about in the cage, and then bringing loaded guns up sideways, with barrels pointing at their team mates - made me cringe :lol:

stu

That was the toughest stand on the shoot as they was drifting way off to the right on saturday. Our squad finished on 1000 ex 1050 and we dropped 26 points on this stand. :blink: :oops: :yp:

See you all at the big bash on the 29th

Rgds K