"ROTTY'S"

Topgunners

I visited my local cartridge supplier to pick up some 6 /36's for some rook & crow shooting the other day and I always use express but he had ran out of stock and said have you tried Rottweil cartridges before and I said "no".

I have some 6/6.5 ,"Try some of these" he said.

So i bought 250 and as you can see by my post "talk in the field" , we had a brilliant day and I was amazed at the range I was knocking birds out of the sky that I would NEVER normally even hit them before.

I was also killing them at yardages that I wouldn't even attempt before as they flew past in front.

Was it just the fact that they are a slightly different pattern to my regular express's and or the fact that the "spread" is much different, velocity etc.

But to say that I (and my colleague) was IMPRESSED is an under statement.

Any expert views will be appreciated.

Edited by Topgunners

If you have found a cartridge that you are happy with, stick with that one!

I shot Express fibres for a long time but recently, I changed to Hull Pro-One's.

They feel so smooth, pattern well and my clay score has risen a little.

Don't know if it's physcological, but I'm sticking with them for now.

Rob.

I tried Rotties years ago when scaring birds off runways for the USAF. Every single one came as a surprise. Better than the Baikal that we had to shoot with though! I had a mossberg pump which tried to break my nose with every shot so I know that they were powerful. Not the smoothest but yes, very powerful.

Keep at it

RTD

I have just bought a thousand, only been shooting 9 months and have been buying standard express. These were costing me £110 / thou and i saw rottys for £95 in shop so got some. i like them so far, only shot 150 of them tho. A mate of mine uses them a lot. I find they are quite a dirty cartridge but i clean my gun well so this doesnt matter to me.

I have just bought a thousand, only been shooting 9 months and have been buying standard express. These were costing me £110 / thou and i saw rottys for £95 in shop so got some. i like them so far, only shot 150 of them tho. A mate of mine uses them a lot. I find they are quite a dirty cartridge but i clean my gun well so this doesnt matter to me.

You say a dirty cartridge But i find my gun is well casy to get clean "its the sort of ****e that dont stick"

if you know what i mean un like Express that seem to leave hard to remove black bits down the bores

I use them from time to time when theres no Gamebore clear pigeon about

WB

Thats funny as i too found them VERY dirty , not like express's which hardly left a deposit.

Didn't notice too much difference in recoil, probably as I have a recoil pad fitted for length of stock.

But as for shooting, I was impressed and I will now have to go out bunny bashing to see what they are like on the ground.

Dave K

Thats funny as i too found them VERY dirty , not like express's which hardly left a deposit.

Didn't notice too much difference in recoil, probably as I have a recoil pad fitted for length of stock.

But as for shooting, I was impressed and I will now have to go out bunny bashing to see what they are like on the ground.

Dave K

I have used them in an old laurona that is quite a heavy old gun you dont notice the recoil difference in that one

My regular gun is an old hammer s/s Boy o Boy do you feel the difference in that one :shoot::sly:

Topgunner,

How much are you paying for them. I normally buy 1000 carts at a time.

LB

yo lurcher .

I paid £125 per thousand thats for 6/36's

mmmmmmmm Its a bit pricey, but if your right about the distance's etc they are probably worth it. I shall check check them out and see if your right.

If not I will be looking for a full refund from you :shoot:

LB

Topgunner,

How much are you paying for them. I normally buy 1000 carts at a time.

LB

yo lurcher .

I paid £125 per thousand thats for 6/36's

mmmmmmmm Its a bit pricey, but if your right about the distance's etc they are probably worth it. I shall check check them out and see if your right.

If not I will be looking for a full refund from you :shoot:

LB

i was paying slightly more for express 6/36's and these ain't just hitting the birds they are " pillow casing" them, and CROWS as well.

And we ALL know how much stronger and tougher a CROW is compared to a pigeon.

To save me some dosh; just try 250 first. (less refund)

Still, it was worth the extra for the suntan I got yesterday.

Lol

Edited by Topgunners

Interesting- horses for courses I guess- haven't shot these rottys and from what your all saying they sound good- but I was out the other day on crows with express in my 20bore - size 6 28gram. Couple of hoppers but the vast majority dead- and that was over 70 which I shot, including rooks, carrion crows and jackdaws.

[

Dave K

I have used them in an old laurona that is quite a heavy old gun you dont notice the recoil difference in that one

My regular gun is an old hammer s/s Boy o Boy do you feel the difference in that one :shoot::sly:

Thanks Dave K,

You have brought back the memory of the first time I fired a 12 bore shot gun. It too was a hammer ss. I remember I was still going to school at the time, and the stock was far long for me so I could only reach the back trigger (choke) and thats when I learned the meaning of Full choke. :D:D

Best regards,

Feather

dirty cartridge = slower burning powder

cean barrels = fast burning powder

i personally prefer dirty cartridge find more killing power?

also try 20 bore rottweils, :D  christ can they kill

Hey magman.

if that is the case then I am going to shovel a pile of mud down my barrels.

Might get 3 or 4 at a time.

:D:shoot::sly:

Edited by Topgunners

i love rotwel i have used them for years, the only thing is that they do pack a bit of recoil but they are a good cartrige for anything flying, i say any thing flying because i found they didn't knock rabbits over too well when i took them ferriting

yo hill billy

I went out last night bunny bashing with the rotties and I had 3 rabbits PACED @ ,53,56& 58 yards out of the 12 rabbits i shot aiming 3 inches high.

Cracking cartridges ,so I don't know why you didn't rate them for ground shots?:)?:)?:(?

Dave K

You have brought back the memory of the first time I fired a 12 bore shot gun. It too was a hammer ss. I remember I was still going to school at the time, and the stock was far long for me so I could only reach the back trigger (choke) and thats when I learned the meaning of Full choke. B) :lol:

Best regards,

Feather

You cant beat an old hammer

I LOVE EM!!!!

WB

P.s its Mick not Dave LOL