young mans 1st time lamping

Dougy

I took this young man out lamping Tuesday night, the first time he had been out with a lamp.

From what i was told Will's best day was 4 rabbits so to double his PB was an achievement for him, to say he was chuffed is a bit of an understatement,

I heard that he didnt shut up about it when he got home all night or the next day :sly:

He took some pretty good shots with his HW100 .177. most around the 35/40yrd range. He did have the usuall problem for first timers with regards to his early lamping days that was the distance, but he,s a good lad and soon picked it up. In total we picked up 9 with only one lost wich was a shame, it would have been nice to get to double figures for him.

Never mind next time :good:post-2987-1251964607.jpg

I actually forgot how quiet air rifles are, specially when you hit the target. B)

I took my 22LR to to let him see the difference, i think now there's one on his Christmas list.

Well Done Will :D

Well done that young lad, brilliant shooting, Its hard judging distance at night with an air rifle :sly: and well done to YOU for taking him, our sport needs young shooters like "Will"

He looks well happy.

Pat on the back for you both :good:

Regards Alan

I am glad you enjoyed it Will. I enjoyed taking you out, more so because i think, because i saw you have such a good night.

It wont be the last time i am sure, maybe in the near future you can join myself and maybe a fellow shooter on nights out after more rabbits and

maybe after a fox or 2 in the future with a 22.250 or 222.or simalar :blush:

Glad you managed to log on ok :blink: some good folk on here with some very good experience, quite a few with a damm sight more than myself :rolleyes:

Edited by Dougy