Silencers

madmanx

:shoot: Have just bought my Tikka 22-250 stainless rifle which is away at gunsmiths getting screw cut and crowned,i was originally buying the reflex T8 mod but have heard differing reports about them ie they rust! the other mod which has been mentioned is the Stainless magnum PES,any one had dealings with either mod or both,any feedback would be greatly apprecieted.Cheers Steve

the reflex do rust, but the rust can be kept under control by soaking in cola or spraying with wd40. the pes are fine mods, they used to be poorly constructed but i have sources that say the build quality is on the up.

another one to consider is the forum fav mod :shoot: the wildcat mod, i think they advertise in gunmart, its not alot more expensive than a reflex and can be stripped and cleaned and i think its alluminium (nut not certain)

tommy trucker is probably the guy to talk to about wildcat mods.

im affraid this is the 1st time ive mentioned it in one of my posts (that i can recal)so i dont keep on telling them to use it, i infact dont do it my self but have read on here that many people do so thought it was only fair to put forward their idea's as this forum is about giving a fair view of every side of the story, i personally use wd40

out of intrest what is wrong with the cola method :)

Edited by dunganick

im affraid this is the 1st time ive mentioned it in one of my posts (that i can recal)so i dont keep on telling them to use it, i infact dont do it my self but have read on here that many people do so thought it was only fair to put forward their idea's as this forum is about giving a fair view of every side of the story, i personally use wd40

out of intrest what is wrong with the cola method :)

Fair play Nick, it looks like I've done you a wrong!

I remember someone suggesting it and I thought it was you, but I've done a quick search and can't find it.

Do you really have to ask why using sticky sugar laden pop on expensive firearm parts is a bad idea?

(no don't use bloody diet coke either!)

i had a quick google on it and the only bad thing i can find about it is that it removes blueing, which could be a problem if you put it on the gun wet, but as it dosent have a blued finish i dont see the issue in theory

i do agree though as a regular thing to do it does seem strange, its hte kind of thing that i can imagine my cat sitting there licking, he is strange like that

Dave, the reason WD40 is advocated for use on the Reflex is nothing to do with oiling it.

When a bullet passes through the moderator it causes a certain amount of condensation to build up. The WD40 is a water dispersant and is used to drive the moisture away. :)

G.M.