browning 425

matt101

hi

ive only been shooting for about 2 seasons now and ive been shooting my browning 425 12 bore.

recently i had a go on a mates side by side hammergun and it had quite a nice feeling to it. i didnt shoot that badly with it either and seeing as it was my first go with a side by side i was quite happy with my shooting.

i am quite keen to sell the browning and buy a nice little side by side 12 bore becasue of the the handling and the fact that side by sides are generally lighter and less bulky.

ive been told that i could get about 500-600 pound for the gun (which is about a year old and is in excellent condition) is this about right? and what guns do you think would be good for this price?

cheers

matt

Matt what model 425 is it? The price varies considerably from the basic grade to the top notcher with the fancy engraving and posh woodwork.

The mechanics are the same in all models so I went for the grade 1 game gun as I intended to use it in the harsh conditions of a pigeon hide.

First day out I treated it like a new born baby and even then when I got it home and cleaned it I found the first dent in the woodwork. :)

Is that because you had to leave the cane at home and lean on the gun?:blink:? 

:)  :(  :lol:  :)

:< Just had a thought that your rooms might not be ready in time for your visit and might have to book you into a 5 star hotel ! ! B) :blink:

:blink: :blink: honest mate was just kidding....promise to behave from here on out :blink: :blink:

couldnt agree more rarms ,the novelty of a new firearm/gun/rifle can wear off real fast when its your own and its not working well .

As for the 425 its a good quality all round gun, cant realy see the point in getting rid of it ,if you can, hold on to it .

just my opinion ,good luck in your choice anyway .

Martin