Toyota Prado (Landcruiser)

Psyxologos

I saw a Toyota Prado (it also reads land cruiser on the side) 1997 P Reg 3.0TID AUTO for just over £3k (120k miles) and was wondering if anyone had any experience of this type of car. Are they OK for off roading? How do they behave on the road? Any help greatly appreciated!

P.S: 5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, 119,000 miles, Metallic BLUE AND SILVER. Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Climate Control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Passenger airbag

Recently road tested current Cruiser only fault I could find was the price. lol.

Toyota are generally well made reliable vehicles. As the one you are looking at is an import anticipate having problems getting spares.

Also price seems a bit high in current market. Will obviously be dependant on condition, MOT, tax etc.

The imports are generally better spec and you shouldn't have any problems getting parts as over 90% of the parts will be landcruiser and mainly cosmetics that are jap spec.

One thing to look out for is underseal as there is no need for it in japan they sometimes dont have ANY and obviously if you use it over here it's a good idea if you want it to last.

I got a W-reg (2000) landcruiser colorado 90 auto a few months ago, after owning a 4runner (Hilux surf) for 5 years.

Its been a great vehicle on and off the road.

The colorado is the UK spec version of the Prado.

lots on info here:

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/index.php

for prado and colorado 90

Prado parts should mostly be same as colorado as they are 99% same vehcile.

one major offroading difference: most Prado's come with a limited-slip diff (LSD) in the rear axle, but the UK colorado has the better a electric locker on the rear axle

The colorado handles much better on road than my 4runner did, its not a sports car, but handles nearly as well as our subaru forester

and i have got up stuff offroad inthe colorado with rear & centre diff's locked, which i couldnt do in 4runner which only had centre diff lock and nackered LSD on rear axle

also waded through waist deep floods last week in it - snorkel on order now as it was getting a bit deep!

Edited by biakalblaster