Finally a good time on the woodies

dunganick

I decided yesterday to pop out for some decoying as i had nothing else to do. It was 2.00 by the time i eventually got setup and by 5.30 i had managed 36 woodies 1 jackdaw 1 feral pigeon. My best ever days decoying by about 20 birds! Was great fun, i started with 5 full bodied decoys and the rotary. I was just sat up against a tree, didnt even use a hide, which im sure didnt help my numbers, but who cares i still had a great time.

hopefully going back on thursday to see if i can do the same again!

643884143_jrnBV-L.jpg

Good for you fella....

...still waiting for my big one, shooting just over a year now and my best is 17 twice; Ironic thing is that the first time I hit 17 I was shooting really well, nothing decoyed in and all challenging, got 17 for 26 shots if I recall correctly; The second time I shot 17 should have been a bigger bag but I was shooting like a blind man :rolleyes:

But hey ho, still enjoyable whatever the numbers eh!

Nice one Nick, what were you shooting over ? :good:

Bean stubble, i think i also got lucky that i stumbled uppon a flight line that dropped over some trees 200 yards away and quite a few birds made the snap decision to land. Although i had alot circle around behind me, then try to land. Unfortunatly i couldnt shoot right without putting shot over some stables. So probably lost 10 easy shots there.

Im back again tomorrow, will see if the flight line is still there/if they still want to decoy. Im going to be there 3 hours earlier so should leave pleanty of time to get a few more birds. I cant wait.