Comet,

Cranfield

Just heard on the News, that NASA were successful in hitting that comet, with a refrigerator sized projectile.

Apparently, this is all so that the Scientists can study the makeup of the comet , which will help them to understand the origins of Earth.

Am I the only one that thinks the exercise could also be something to do with destroying any future comets, that might crash into Earth ?

A sort of "aiming shot". :ernyha:

Am I the only one that thinks the exercise could also be something to do with destroying any future comets, that might crash into Earth ?

A sort of "aiming shot".

you are not the only one read the same thing in the paper. :ernyha::lol:

Edited by hawkeye

hawkeye, I didn't read it in the paper, it was while watching it on the news tonight I thought, "who are they kidding".

My comment "am I the only one", was rather tongue in cheek, as I guessed everyone would have the same thought.

white fox, as nobody owns the comet, I suppose they don't have to get anyone's permission.

Lots of similar things are done in the name of Science.

cranfield

sorry mate did not mean to insinuate that you had copied from paper was just saying that i had read the same in the sun paper.

And you should know if its in the sun its got to be right ???:lol: B) :lol::ernyha::lol:

PS wonder what scope they used :lol:???:lol::P:P

Mike

Edited by hawkeye

Can i just add my 2 pennies worth these comets fly around the universe on a set trajectory or however you spell it minding their own business for trillions of years abit like the Hallies comet and then some bloke crashes a fridge into it altering the way it goes well some other alians might be pi**ed when the comet might find it's way blocked by their planet :lol: we had better send Bruce willis off to go help them :lol::ernyha:

quote Chris Lewis.

mosiy hitting the windscreen of a lorry .

that reminds me whats the last thing on a mosiy,s mind when it hits your windscreen ??

its ****

B) :lol::lol::lol::ernyha:

Edited by hawkeye