Mitsubishi Pinin

Sammy_D

Hey there people. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and got lots of shoooting done.

After reading reviews on the l200 I have decided not to go for one. I saw a mitsubishi pinin today. Its a 5 door LWB (i was told lwb pinins were rare) 1.8 petrol automatic £3999.

Few minor marks around the petrol cap and split paintwork on the rear bumper brand new tow pack never been used.

Has anyone got ones of these and if so can you tell me excatly what you think. Whats the Mpg like etc.

Thanks all.

Sammy D

I get about 22mpg with my SWB Auto running mud tyres. It gets me out of some seriously go-ey situations with difflock selected: Not all of them have a difflock - look on the instrument panel for a super select display or for the second gear lever. The SWB is just a tad larger than a Jimny so you'd need to have a LWB to get much shooting gear in it.

The wife don't like the mud tyres as they are very noisy on tarmac - though I did choose ones that are best for me rather than her. More bits about it if you search this site for Pinin - or look at my past posts.

Be aware with the 2.8 pagero as they suffer with fuel pump seal failure. Very very expensive to put right. Watch for the truck dying with in driving half a mile, it will start but lots of smoke. After it should be ok until you leave it over night and it will do it again. until it finally gives up the ghost.

The seal went on mine and I got a few pence change out of £800.

Be aware with the 2.8 pagero as they suffer with fuel pump seal failure. Very very expensive to put right. Watch for the truck dying with in driving half a mile, it will start but lots of smoke. After it should be ok until you leave it over night and it will do it again. until it finally gives up the ghost.

The seal went on mine and I got a few pence change out of £800.

Mine did exactly that 2 week's after I bought it, but I found a garage in Hull that renewed the seal's for less than £200, and it only took him 3 hour's :innocent:

Thats the fella they all quote on POCUK. Wish I had known. I signed up with POCUK 3 days after I got it repaired. Fair old punt up the road for me is Hull especially if your truck ain't well!

That's the one :look:

Was well worth the trip for me to get it sorted once and for all - started to get quite scary conking out whilst pulling out onto a main road!!! :look:

I have to be honest. If I'd joined POCUK before getting my Paj I would probably have not bothered buying one. There are hardly any post's on there from owners that have not had some problem with thier trucks. It reads like a horror story.

Turbo's going, Auto Boxes playing up, half moon seal going, Electrics burning out, over heating, the dreaded oil seals, steering problems, loads of stuff, makes you wonder why you would ever want one.

Touch plastic since mine had the oil seals done I have had a fair few miles of trouble free motering. It spends most of its time off road over the farm.But another problem reared it heas when I jet washed the underneath the other day as it was caked in mud, I then found I had a oil slick on the drive the next morning. The mud was soaking up the oil before it got to the floor. The half moon seal had gone at the back of the rocker box. Another common problem with these beasties.

All I can say is look at loads before you get your wallet out. And check the recall for the pitman arm is done as well but I think Mitsubishi are still doing them for nothing. Though they are pretty shocked that they still have a few out there that have not been done.