90s hilux surf

busdennis

hello mate,

we had a 2.4 or 2.5(can't remember exact engine)it was in excellent condition in/out(no rust at all)

not bad mpg,all the toys,the only thing was when the boot window was down the car stunk of diesel fumes.

apparently the 3.0l engine is better than the smaller engine(the 2.4/2.5s are prone to problems,overheating i think)we had no probs with ours though

you're better off looking for an owners club site and have a browse at the common probs.

we got rid of it because they have quite a low seating position(specially as the other half is only 4' nothing)

i don't think the insurance was that bad(couldn't have been too expensive or i wouldn't have had the car)

cheers

I have owned an import Surf. Great truck, wish I still had mine

I presume it a Japanese import - Generally they will have little or no rust, will not have towed, so it wont have been worked hard. Probably wont have been over 80km an hour and will be in good mechanical condition as the laws on cars over there are very tough.

The 2.4 is a liitle under powered, the 3.0 unit is a better buy, its personal preference, but I would go for the manual.

No issues with insurance, cheap as chips, just some companies will not insure an import, pleanty do. Spare parts no problem, look up Milner off road, they know there stuff and have great service.

Great all round truck - have fun

avoid the 2.4 like the plague- heads are notoriously bad- the 3.0 Litre version is a far better motor - I know Ive had both the 2.4 cracked the cylinder head at 90,000 miles and its an £800 repair :good::hmm: :unsure: :unsure:

Just my opionion of course not looking to start a war- your money your choice B)

Les :huh: