lamping equipment

drivinfish

I got the batteries and charger Colster got, so Colster I wouldn't recommend using them - or any body else. I think I'll just bite the bullet and get a replacement charger but will the existing batteries work with a 3V charger or am I best off buying both?

Cheers,

Mike

I got the batteries and charger from DE too

00722 LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack) x 1 Shipped $3.28 -

00936 DSD 18650 CR123A Charger Black x 1 Shipped $6.71 -

Been out with it tonight and it works a treat. I use a Lenser H7 headtorch for stalking then when I spot the eyes, stalk in a bit, kill the light from the head torch and then use the gun lamp to target and shoot. It will also stop bunnies that are running if you flick it off then move it in front of them and turn it on again.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine seems ok so far, have to admit I haven't used it that much yet but had it out a few times. The torch I got does say it's rated up to 8.4V so maybe ok on that front.

That's what I thought, but maybe that's not for the CR123's as they are not protected? I wonder if they genuinely sent us exactly the same SKU's :good: As Mick mentioned they sometimes send a better model. I ordered the batteries and charger at the same time and my charger turned up weeks later. Would you be so kind to check what your charger says on the back compared to mine?

the back of my battery charger it says:

"DSD Charger for 16340

(CR123A)18650 & 17670

Li-ion Battery

AC:110V-240V

50-60HZ

DC5.5V/450mA"

Edited by smiiithy

That's what I thought, but maybe that's not for the CR123's as they are not protected? I wonder if they genuinely sent us exactly the same SKU's :good: As Mick mentioned they sometimes send a better model. I ordered the batteries and charger at the same time and my charger turned up weeks later. Would you be so kind to check what your charger says on the back compared to mine?

It's exactly the same as that, mate

Thanks for that. Am I right in thinking your using the 00722 LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack)? I'm at work at the minute but to memeory they said 3.6V 1000mAh on the side not 800mAh, but this shouldn't effect the voltage. Also if your using those did you charge them for a couple of hours at a time?

Thanks for that. Am I right in thinking your using the 00722 LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack)? I'm at work at the minute but to memeory they said 3.6V 1000mAh on the side not 800mAh, but this shouldn't effect the voltage. Also if your using those did you charge them for a couple of hours at a time?

You're exactly right, they're the ones. The photo on DE's site says 800mAh but mine say 1000mAh on them. I charge them until the charger shuts off but I would guess 2 hours is about right.

I wonder why mine have gone fubar and yours seems to be going OK then :good: I'm now thinking maybe the batteries are compatible but faulty, especially if yours is working fine and we have the exact same set-up.

Before the torch started working again I wrote back to DE explaining that the return airmail cost would be above 30% of the item price and as per their returns policy I'd like a refund or replacement without returning the item but haven’t received a response.

Think I’m going to take Mick’s advice and just get the other charger and batteries:

I'd be tempted to contact DX and see if you can swap them out, or bite the bullet and get the charger and cells I use. Worst case it'd cost another 10-12 bucks.

What a faff for the sake of a bit of bunny bashing :blink:

I have had a couple of duff cells from DX before, they were protected ones though. Couldn't get them to work whatsoever.

You may be alright charging those cells at 3.0v I couldn't say for certain without sticking them on a multimeter. Know anyone with a multimeter? Then you could work out if they are duffers or not.

I've got a cheapy universal tester but I've only ever used it for AA and AAA :blink:

I'd just like to mention anyone considering the Mick Miller lamping set-up (as it's now to be known) if I had bought the correct batteries and charger in the first place I'd probably have a nice working lamp and they do work well.

I've got a cheapy universal tester but I've only ever used it for AA and AAA :blink:

I'd just like to mention anyone considering the Mick Miller lamping set-up (as it's now to be known) if I had bought the correct batteries and charger in the first place I'd probably have a nice working lamp and they do work well.

Couldn't see if this had been suggested but is it possible the Romisen is less voltage tolerant than the Ultrafire, on DE site it just says 3.8V for the Romisen whereas the UltraFire WF-501B says Voltage input range: 3V~8.4V

Wow top thread, just what I have been looking at buying and all the mags seemed to be a lot of money for what is in fact a torch!

But after reading the thread I am a tad lost !!

Could someone list the part numbers for each item of the final/prefected set up please - Mick seems to be the bpoard's " El-Torcho " so if you get five mins mate :wink:

Also guys what the delivery time like from order ??

Cheers

Sorry just seen this on DX http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12000 - cant do that swish insert link as "Click Me " text ! would these be better than the velcro ?

Edited by Dirtboy

For airgun ranges you seriously can't beat a 'lead lenser' :D

Wow top thread, just what I have been looking at buying and all the mags seemed to be a lot of money for what is in fact a torch!

But after reading the thread I am a tad lost !!

Could someone list the part numbers for each item of the final/prefected set up please - Mick seems to be the bpoard's " El-Torcho " so if you get five mins mate :wink:

Also guys what the delivery time like from order ??

Cheers

Sorry just seen this on DX http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12000 - cant do that swish insert link as "Click Me " text ! would these be better than the velcro ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is an old thread but I am wondering if anybody has found a mount to use a small toch such as the Romisen RC-M4 3V~8V Cree 1-Mode Flashlight mounted to a .410 shotgun? I already have the Superfire Gun Mount Pressure Pad.

If anybody is looking at this thread for the first time I would recommend the following:

Romisen RC-M4 3V~8V Cree 1-Mode Flashlight

Batteries

Charger

Pressure switch

No tax, I think they label them as a gift but not sure.

I've recently bought a Cluson Lazer-Lite Lamp LA4 second hand and looking to find a way to mount it to my silenced .410 which has a rather chunky barrel and possibly also mounting it to the air rifle now and again. :hmm: