lamping equipment

drivinfish

Mine has arrived today. Didn't realize the torch takes one 18650 or two CR123A batteries.

Which would be best to use or does it not matter? Where will be cheap to get two 18650 + charger or 4 CR123A + chargers? And in the meantime where will I find a disposable so I can try it out?

Thanks,

Mike

th_SNC00217.jpg

Edited by smiiithy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has arrived today. Didn't realize the torch takes one 18650 or two CR123A batteries.

Which would be best to use or does it not matter? Where will be cheap to get two 18650 + charger or 4 CR123A + chargers? And in the meantime where will I find a disposable so I can try it out?

I got the batteries and charger from DE too

00722 LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack) x 1 Shipped $3.28 -

00936 DSD 18650 CR123A Charger Black x 1 Shipped $6.71 -

Been out with it tonight and it works a treat. I use a Lenser H7 headtorch for stalking then when I spot the eyes, stalk in a bit, kill the light from the head torch and then use the gun lamp to target and shoot. It will also stop bunnies that are running if you flick it off then move it in front of them and turn it on again.

Edited by Colster

Hey i have been looking for a lamp lately i found a 300 lumen LED R2 CREE lamp on the bay for £27 it seems to be good in the pictures but have not used it yet as post is taking time. Its Small and lightweight with a pressure switch attached to the back. it also runs off lithium batteries CR123 x2. :blink: I didnt know if this was any good but i had a look around and it seemed to be.

a1422.jpg

hello all ..

just got mine thru post..great bit of kit..

put some red acetate in lens..gonna try it out tonight..

didnt get round to ordering charger and batteries..my local iron mongers wanted 6.99 each for 2 lithium cr123's..but on ebay you can pick up same ones £15.94 for ten..post included

anyone know how long the batery life is in these?

also happened to spot a LEDRAY setup at local shop..exactly the same as this set up..£57...

thats expensive.!!!!

GC

Another satisfied budget lamper!

I was out with my set-up tonight and a newly zeroed rifle with AccuPells, I managed 9 clean kills with the AccuPells so it looks like my barely used tin of AA fields (plus another unopened one) will be up for grabs along with a barely touched tin of RWS Super Fields! I'm holding onto my Premier Magnums as I have another use for those.

With regard to the velcro clamps; ummm, I only have two left!

As far as batteries go, I'd go for two sets of those batteries from DX that I recommended and a charger, it'll cost you less than a single set of disposables in the UK and you should get at least 8 nights lamping with a single set before you need to charge them up.

Out of curiosity; does anyone know how to stop a scope misting up? I had real problems with mine tonight...

I'm so keen to get out and give it a go. Can't wait for the batteries to arrive. Has anybody got a piece of red acetate they might be kind enough to pop in the post for me? I've looked in a few shops in Newcastle city centre but couldn't find any. Haven't been able to get to any proper craft shops due to broken down car :good:

Hi tdsmith, I have potentially sold the last pair to a mate of mine, I'll know for sure later this week when he comes over, however if he doesn't take them you would be more than welcome to the last two.

I'd recommended using two clamps rather than just one, the torch does have a tendency to move away from the kill zone as you tramp about using just the one. If he doesn't take them I can post them for both for £4. I can let you know by Thursday, its worth reminding me on Thursday if you haven't heard back from me.

disassemble to get at the lens, scribe round the lens with something sharp using the lens as a template, then cut with scissors to avoid scratching the lens.

reassemble with the acetate on the inside of the lens. take care so as not to crack the glass.

apologies if that read like ' this is how to suck an egg'. good luck smiiithy.

I still have two here, I think my mate is going for the x-verminator system despite me telling him that the budget setup is brighter, cheaper, more easily off and on-able; sometimes you just can't help folk!

So I have two which I can post for £4 or get them from Deal Extreme, usually they deliver within 10 days of processing the order and its post free (something I can't offer I'm afraid).

EDIT: (my public apologies to HunterCarbine for turning him into a DX junkie by the way).

Edited by mick miller

Cheers Mick but I did it on Monday morning, did exactly as you said by chance. Worked perfectly :blink:

disassemble to get at the lens, scribe round the lens with something sharp using the lens as a template, then cut with scissors to avoid scratching the lens.

reassemble with the acetate on the inside of the lens. take care so as not to crack the glass.

apologies if that read like ' this is how to suck an egg'. good luck smiiithy.