The perfect burger

starlight32

After reading lee's post regarding what everyone had for tea it has made me think.......

I do like a beefburger or two with cheese and plenty of onions.....Its just as well the snack wagon at work is subsidised at £1.05 for a 1/4lb with cheese........

But I just can't (or rather she can't) replicate what you have by the road, in the pub or at a the local cafe.

I've tried the George foreman, bought my burgers from the same place as my local cafe but to no avail.....

Has anyone cracked this one? I reckon you need a hot plate or a griddle....

Prehaps Lee can help us enjoy classic beefburger at home in the uk?

Please don't tell me I have to buy a burger van-I pushed it getting the doughnut machine

I do not know if i am the "lee" you speak of, however, i can tell you that no man on this planet loves a burger more than i do.. How do y'all think i got the nickname 'LeeRex!' :good: Of course my portions are manly and will not waste time on a burger that is less then one pound.. My favorite is my wild game burger. Its a mix of venison, beef, gator tail meat, and wild pig. I have a sausage mixer and add 1/4's of each critter with sea salt, crushed red pepper, and just a hit of Cayenne.. I try to keep the patty around 1 1/4 thick. Put it on the grill and smoke the time out of the thing with good ole Hickory.. I hit the meat ever now and again with a splash of the Beer i am drinking. I will crisp the bun with a light coat of butter as i toast it on the grill. Once done i add the extra's? But each of my wildgame burgers is topped with a pile of sauteed fresh wild shrooms i have found. It is powerful good gents and y'all are welcome to give it a try :blink:

Made some 5in 6oz burgers last night, best steak mince from Lidls,blitzed one onion in a blender, with a clove of garlic, added to mix with one dessertspoonful of trade american burger mix, mixed by hand formed into patties and pressed with our 5in burger press.

The cooked in the OVEN!!!

Stops them shrinking

Two wholemeal rolls well buttered, salt black pepper and Lidl Hamburger relish with a touch of worcestershire sauce added- bootiful grub.

get a cast iron skillet,add a little oil,get it as hot as you can (smoking) then cook ya burger, it will sear in all the flavours,use the best burgers you can afford,or better still, make your own.

Indeed, use an iron skillet, but don't use namby-pamby oil: use bacon fat.

I prefer Stilton or some other pungent cheese on my burgers, rather than the hideous cheese slices (made of nuclear waste). And loads of bacon and guacamole.

I mince beef skirt and garlic, fried onions, salt, pepper, thyme, parsely and instead of using egg to bind it together add grated cheddar. Then fry in a hot pan, all the cheese will melt and ooze out. put them between white rolls with fried bacon, ketchup, little gem lettuce, mustard, stilton, mayonnaise, and onions. Then have loads of fried potatoes on the side.

Bambiburger for me anytime, but if you use beef for the meat use decent well hung minced beef, none of this reclaimed muck from the cutting room floor. The old saying of silk purses from sows ears applies equally well to any food; rubbish in = rubbish out!

Like I said, there is nothing wrong with reconstituted meat scraped off the floor :good: