Alan Carr - Stop smoking DVD

Mungler

Okay this is not actually for sale. It is for free.

If you are genuinely looking to stop smoking and you have worked out in your mind that you need to stop and must stop, then this DVD is for you. I won't say it was the magic bullet that made me stop but it really helped me, alot. I am 6 months without a ciggy but more importantly I don't actually want one now - other times I have tried to stop but because I thought I was denying myself something I enjoyed then I craved it and kept thinking about it moreorless every day that I had given up. Therefore it was only a matter of time I ended up smoking again. Not now however, or rather I hope not now :good:

So, the promise you make is that you will take the DVD, watch it and have a go at giving up. You will make your promise on here and if you fail you will take a forum beating for it.

When you are done with the DVD you will stick it back on here and post it to the next person who wants to give up and is prepared to make the committment (as above).

People with a decent post count and a reputation (of sorts) to lose on here so you don't run off with the DVD and stick it on ebay.

Fatcatsplat, well done for stepping upto the plate. You are the first.

PM me your address and I'll bung it out from work on Monday.

For the record, please confirm your understanding of the rules.

EDIT:

Next on the list is longrangesniper1953

Fatcatsplat will be in touch in due course.

Edited by Mungler

I had a cigarette last night. It was the first in about 2 years. I have one every two years just to reinforce how terrible they taste.

I was outside the pub and was on my 6th pint. I smoked one cigarette and it was as good as having another 5 pints immediately.

Good luck to all you boys giving up. Mrs LV made my life hell till I gave it up. If the DVD dont work, I will hire her nagging services out to you...

Respect to anyone that kicks it for good, according to research I have read ciggys are more addictive than Heroin and harder to kick for good, personally I believe once the receptors in the brain are hooked, your only one fag away from being hooked again...the longer the abstinence the better your chances..Good luck look forward to seeing the results.. :good:

Puffs, done 4 years on willpower. Can't stand the smell of em now, even on the breath and clothes of people who pass me in the street even if they're not smoking. If only smokers knew how bad they smell that'd help. As an aside, my kill rate on deer has gone up since I stopped too, but then again if it stinks to a human, imagine how it must be to deer. I know you are supposed to be downwind before the smartypants start, but in woodland stalking there is an elemant of wind "swirling" I can't explain it any other way, so related to stopping smoking or not, you decide

FatCatSplat again ! :yes: :yp:

That boy can sniff out a freebie ! :lol::blush:

EDIT : FCS, this DVD can work for a bad masturbation habit too..so Mung tells me..

Oh yes, bring on the free stuff!!

To be fair, i did try the masturbation distraction method to stop smoking, but i had to stop at 10 a day - My arm was proper withered!!

Nice idea & very considerate.

It's good to read a post about someone who's given up but doesn't go on & on about how it smells like this & that & how much better they feel. I've stopped & started a few times, felt no better for it, made no difference to my taste however I did notice it (cig smell) more on other people but I did keep my comments about it to myself.

Nowt worse than an ex smoker moaning about the smell of fags! You know who you are...

So for those of you that do manage to quit, well done but please leave us smokers to enjoy one of the few things in life that Gordon & his cronies didn't try take away... Oops they already did, how I love the smell of stale beer, sick, **** & farts when I go on a night out, I know what I would rather smell!

Nice idea & very considerate.

It's good to read a post about someone who's given up but doesn't go on & on about how it smells like this & that & how much better they feel. I've stopped & started a few times, felt no better for it, made no difference to my taste however I did notice it (cig smell) more on other people but I did keep my comments about it to myself.

Nowt worse than an ex smoker moaning about the smell of fags! You know who you are...

So for those of you that do manage to quit, well done but please leave us smokers to enjoy one of the few things in life that Gordon & his cronies didn't try take away... Oops they already did, how I love the smell of stale beer, sick, **** & farts when I go on a night out, I know what I would rather smell!

That'll be the first time someone from Leeds has kept owt to their self. I harldy think one sentence counts as going on and on, but then again, you're probably pigged off cos you can't manage to stop. As for your smell preferences, good job you live in Leeds, you're nailed on to smell them there :good:

It might be. It has been suggested. I would not condone that however.

Maybe if someone with the skills did on the QT they could be so good as to send everyone who has expressed an interest on here a PM and get the ball rolling quicker.

Mind you, I think the event for each person should have some build up and lots of abuse in the event of failure.