FUD Pigeon Decoys

webber

I have to admit that having read various reviews about various new decoys over the past few years, and passed them off as an expensive fad, I have today been impressed with the latest FUD decoys.

I called in at Deakos shop to return some equipment to Lancs Lad, who wasted no time in demonstrating the latest offering. I was sufficiently impressed to part with some of my cash, and I'm quite sure that McF won't be far behind me.

The FUD decoys are compact, light, quite lifelike and quick to assemble. I've yet to try shooting over them but can't see any potential problems. I get the impression that I will be buying some more!

webber

The decoys are compact, light, quite lifelike and quick to assemble. I've yet to try shooting over them but can't see any potential problems. I get the impression that I will be buying some more!

Would be interested to hear if they are any better than shells, socks etc etc :rolleyes:

I wonder if they will be as good as the air-pro's :good: Which WILL ''absolutely transform your success in the field'' and ''make such a dramatic difference to your days sport'' :good:

How long does the ''no quibble, MONEY BACK guarantee'' last for :look:

Would be interested to hear if they are any better than shells, socks etc etc :good:

I wonder if they will be as good as the air-pro's :look: Which WILL ''absolutely transform your success in the field'' and ''make such a dramatic difference to your days sport'' :good:

How long does the ''no quibble, MONEY BACK guarantee'' last for :huh:

:rolleyes::P:lol:

PM webber, he will have that information for you.

webber, it will be interesting to get an independant report after you have tried them out decoying.

I agree its no good saying "they look good" that simply means they have caught YOU? over the years I have spent a fortune on kit some good some bad, these look worth a shout but no way can you say these are the dogs ******** till you have tried the in the field, that means finding an area the birds are hitting then putting them out in a straight like for like against shells or sillys I mean lets face it you would not buy sillys on looks but hey they WORK? so who did they catch ? you or the pigeon!!

I am in a position that I can put my hand in my pocket and take a chance, some on here are not so fortunate, so please dont say "go get em" BEFORE you have even tried them in he field, that is simply bad manners.if they do work shout it loud but again please dont try to influence on appearance only

cheers KW

I have to say I'm with KW on this one! I had a gander yesterday and, quite frankly, I wasn't impressed with the FUD decoys:good:

I can see the advantage of ease to carry and the non-shine covering but the rest was not for me.

Ok, yes, they look life-like because they are photos printed onto a foam base but is a real pigeon going to be fooled by that :blink:

For me its the basic outline and the general colour that is important as, surely, if the incomming pigeon is close enough to see the detail it should be dead so it won't matter how much detail there is.

I can't help feeling that these 'trends' are catching us, the pigeon shooters, and not the pigeons :lol:

When those of us that are old enough to think back to the well mentioned grey-painted milk bottle with a couple of white splodges on the side...

They worked didn't they. In the end it all comes down to field craft and getting a bit of movement in your pattern. Archie Coates shot more in a day than I'll shoot this year and I don't think me buying a bunch of FUD decoys will make any difference to that.

Sorry to be a killjoy and showing my age but sometimes having had the time to think things through means you come to a different conclusion in the end.

I hope they work well for all the people who have bought them but one thing I do know is that I will not be joining them :yes:

GH

Ps, think I'll get me coat :yes:

I really like these new fuds ! they work really well much better than any others on the market i think :yes: there also very easy to carry allways a positive :blink:

I dont suppose you work for ''THEM'' aswell do you :good:

I have to say I'm with KW on this one! I had a gander yesterday and, quite frankly, I wasn't impressed :lol:

I can see the advantage of ease to carry and the non-shine covering but the rest was not for me.

Ok, yes, they look life-like because they are photos printed onto a foam base but is a real pigeon going to be fooled by that :lol:

For me its the basic outline and the general colour that is important as, surely, if the incomming pigeon is close enough to see the detail it should be dead so it won't matter how much detail there is.

I can't help feeling that these 'trends' are catching us, the pigeon shooters, and not the pigeons :drinks:

When those of us that are old enough to think back to the well mentioned grey-painted milk bottle with a couple of white splodges on the side...

They worked didn't they. In the end it all comes down to field craft and getting a bit of movement in your pattern. Archie Coates shot more in a day than I'll shoot this year and I don't think me buying a bunch of F.U.D.S will make any difference to that.

Sorry to be a killjoy and showing my age but sometimes having had the time to think things through means you come to a different conclusion in the end.

I hope they work well for all the people who have bought them but one thing I do know is that I will not be joining them :lol:

GH

100% agree with you there mate :lol:

well havent bought any yet,but must admit they look the mutts nutts,but at end of the day,my half shell decoys work too,when birds wanna feed they feed,when they dont ,it s murder to get them to come in to a pattern even if their all real pigeons (frozen). but sayingy that,for lighter carrying,and realistic looking,i will invest in some when money a bit more plenty. :yes:

I have to say I'm with KW on this one! I had a gander yesterday and, quite frankly, I wasn't impressed :lol:

Ok, yes, they look life-like because they are photos printed onto a foam base but is a real pigeon going to be fooled by that :good:

I can't help feeling that these 'trends' are catching us, the pigeon shooters, and not the pigeons :lol:

They worked didn't they. In the end it all comes down to field craft and getting a bit of movement in your pattern. Archie Coates shot more in a day than I'll shoot this year and I don't think me buying a bunch of F.U.D.S will make any difference to that.

I hope they work well for all the people who have bought them but one thing I do know is that I will not be joining them :lol:

GH

Now thats thrown a spanner in the woods, i think i will hold off until further trial work has been proved by anyone who has or intends to buy them. :yes: :blink:

Edited by mayfly36

I looked at these at the Midland Game fair yesterday (I think it was the same ones anyway).

Fair enough they fold up and can easily be carried, though the white marking didn't look that strongly defined, which are key points.

If you've got shell deeks already that bring in the first birds, which are then used to replace the deeks - you can't do better than a real bird surely.

Given the above I cant see the point in paying out for more expensive ultra realistic deeks as those that are "good enough" are surely just that.

I've done a fair bit of trout fishing and hold the view that flies don't need to be exact replicas of the insects that the fish are taking, but need to have key trigger points that the fish can identify a food and be the right size and in the right place.

I think probably the same applies to deeks: no shine and right colour and size(ish) with the white bits showing well and if the birds are in the mood they'll probably come in.

Above this I'm not sure that the expense of hi-tech deeks is justified.

Another fishing analogy is that many flies are tied and sold to catch anglers rather than fish I'm wondering whether this applies to deeks etc also... :yes:

very strange how only people who make or sell other decoys dont rate the new decoys :blink: :good::yes::yes:

Never said I dont rate them in fact I think I said they may be worth a shout, oh and no I dont make my deeks or gadgets

like most I have to buy them, yes I may tweek em and yes if they dont work I will say so, but I say as is not pretend or hearsay as IS I have no axe to grind off any supplier all have supplied fit for purpose gear all have supplied gear thats more hype than effect but as a paying punter thats a risk I am prepared to take, but one thing i wont do is push a product when all I have done is look at it as opposed to field trialling it.

cheers KW

Never said I dont rate them in fact I think I said they may be worth a shout, oh and no I dont make my deeks or gadgets

like most I have to buy them, yes I may tweek em and yes if they dont work I will say so, but I say as is not pretend or hearsay as IS I have no axe to grind off any supplier all have supplied fit for purpose gear all have supplied gear thats more hype than effect but as a paying punter thats a risk I am prepared to take, but one thing i wont do is push a product when all I have done is look at it as opposed to field trialling it.

cheers KW

wernt thinking you did mate,and i agree with you,im happy with half shells on wobbly sticks me,but do think the fuds look pukka,and prob will try them at some point,but cant justify spending on them at moment.