525 or 686e??

tagesbach

miroku mk70, the wood on the grade one isnt that great generally, but if you shop around you can find a nice one, its identicle nearly to the browning and is only 750 - 800, so save some money and put it towards carts or other kit, or beer :rolleyes:

i would go for a browning/miroku over a beretta, but thats a personal thing

generally they are both fine actions, the beretta is a little more slim line, but i preffer the feel of the browning handeling wise.

give them both a go,

but if you go for a browning action, get the miroku, its just a cheaper verion of it.

I'm no expert but today I changed my Beretta 687 for a 682 30" m/c. I want to shoot some clays and decoy with it too. The 682 is heavier than the 687 or 686 which I beleive are more or less the same apart from cosmetics.

Just shot 50 clays today with the 682 and already I'm happy. I have had 686's in the past mainly for field work and like them ok. I you are putting 200/300 rounds of in a day ensure recoil pad. Also consider adjustable stock cheek piece worth it.

If you know a dealer who has a skeet range on site see if you can get a trial first. I did this today and it was reassuring to test and have confidence in the purchase b4 money down. :rolleyes:

my own preferance is the 525 ,its a great platform lots of potential for all kinds of gunning target or field ,love mine to bits , got rid of a 682E 4 years back ,small bored barrels ( berreta trademark ) , bad quality finishing in the action, not much of an after market service ....then and not the resale value people tell you , i still have an older field grade Berreta (no-one wants it ) but i favour the 4 brownings i own more , 2 ultra XS, 1 425 GS, 1 525 SP.

Martin

I have a Miroku MK70 Grade 5. It is an excellent piece of kit and it can't be beaten by any browning at the same price / grade. After all miroku make them for browning so it would make sence to keep the best for themselves.

I have heard that beretta o/u's are good for knocking in pen posts and for jacking up cars.

If you ride a motorbike, you wear a helmet. and it's going to be either an Arai or a Shoei. I wear a Shoei.

If you shoot shotguns, it's either a Browning or a Baretta. I shoot a Baretta.

not that these two are linked but you will either suit one or the other.

Arai's make good toilets for cats and Brownings make good firewood

:rolleyes:

RTD

You've got to try them both! Luckily most schools use one or the other.

Me - I'm a Browning man. The high comb suits me well but it is not for everyone. I also like the fact that the gun is (reputedly) so reliable.

If you give them a good try them either will suit you well. As long as you buy a 'name' you will get a good price when you come to trade in time (if it is looked after).

Good hunting

B