PCP air rifles

Ferret Master

basically there have only been 3 rifles i have come accross that i would never recomend to any first time buyer.

logun gladi8tor

logun S16

gunpower stealth

all the others out there yuo would just be splitting hairs about which is the best, though think i said to stay away from any new releases until all bug have been ironed out.

ROB :thumbs:

Have tried the S200 10 shot conversion and all it does it uses the middlre scope rail (there are three little dove tail mounts on the S200) as long as you dont have low mounts in use on the scoep shuold have no problems fitting the mag in place.

all it does is a little bracket bolts on to dove rail and acts as a stop when you place the magazine in, remove the magazine and rifle can still be used as per normal single shot S200.

Probably take you longer to find the allen key, than to fit it LOL

Dont fortget if you do buy new see if they can do a good price on a silencer as well :thumbs:

ROB :)

PS never know there might be something in your budget at the club that takes your fancy :lol:

HI mate,

Mounts come in 3 basic sizes (not including mounts for the 30mm tubes)

low

medium

high

Different makes vary slightly from each other but should be ok with any high mounts.

all you would need is a set of the high mounts, how much you spend on them is up to you, but would recomend two piece double screw mounts.

DO NOT GET A SINGLE PIECE MOUNT, as you wont be able to fit magazine and single shot mode is a pain in the but.

ROB :lol:

Hi, Thanks for the advice! I am really interested in the S200 but was wondering what scope to stick on it as there is no point having a quality gun and a rubbish scope. I was using an illuminated recticle mil-dot down the range today on somebodys logun denomin8tor and it was amazing! because I could hit every thing from dead centre of my target to hitting powerlets on their bases to get them to fly into the air! (Great fun!) Are the hawke 3-9x40 illuminated recticle mil-dots good scopes as I already have a Hawke 3-9x40 30/30 recticle and find it a good scope. (Especially for bunny bashing!) :lol::lol::lol:

I was using an illuminated recticle mil-dot down the range today on somebodys logun denomin8tor and it was amazing! because I could hit every thing from dead centre of my target to hitting powerlets on their bases to get them to fly into the air! (Great fun!) Are the hawke 3-9x40 illuminated recticle mil-dots good scopes as I already have a Hawke 3-9x40 30/30 recticle and find it a good scope. (Especially for bunny bashing!) :lol:  :lol:  :o

Hi mate,

when it comes to scopes get the best you can afford.

You will probably find that it wasnt the scope allowing you to hit the target but the rifle you were shooting!!!!! (though the scope probably did help a bit.

if your shooting with a .22 would recomend a mil dot scope, if your shooting with a .177 would go for a small 30/30 ret (not the big hawke type).

In recent years the cost of scopes has fallen a lot but unfortunatly so has the quality :D

you have to ask yourself the following questions:

WHAT AM I GOING TO BE SHOOTING?:lol:? (targets of live quarry)

DO I NEED AN ILLUMINTED RET?

DO I NEED A/O (adjustable ocular, range finding scopes)

DO I NEED VARIABLE MAG?

DO I NEED FAST FOCUS EYE BELL?

not i have quoted NEED and not want, often we confuse what we want with what we need.

All the above options will effect both quality and price, you can have one but more often than not, not the other i.e. low quality low price and vice versa high quality high price. For example when you buy a 3-9x40 scope all your paying for are the lenses in that scope which would be a slightly higher quality than that added to the A/O I.R. version. yet there would only be a small difference in price, as they have to bring the costs down to compenstae for the low retail price.

if you want to go the the hawke range thats fine but dont expect a high quality scope (eg varmit range) the problem i have found with these if you zero your scope at 24mag and 35 ayrds then change down to 12 mag and same zero distance your zero impact point WILL NOT be the same!!!!! cost £80 from JSR

where as the same scope from simmons without the mil dot option comes in at almost 200 more!!!!! but you get what you pay for.

So would advise you keep it simple, low mag NON A/O and non illuminted, at dusk you may well see the mildots/ cross hair but you will have a lot of trouble seeing the target!

if you can give us a rough idea of what you want to spend on a scope, that should enable us all to give you a better idea of what would suit you best.

It has been my experiance at the club that the first thing to be replaced when a rifle and scope is bought new is the scope gets sold at a great loss and another scope is bought.

My personal choise is a bushnell trophy 3-9x40 with 30/30 ret (small) everything i shooting is normally within the tips of the large posts, cost was £150 a few years back from local gun shop.

and dont forget that the majority of scopes out there will appear blurred looking at distances of 35 yards on full mag, this is because they are parrelaxed to rimfire/centre fire ranges (100+yards) dont be put off by this as it is (normaly) only a 2 second job to reparelax to 35 yards and give you a nice clear view.

Hope this helps you out a little, and let us know your budget as a second hand scope might suit you better as well as retaining its value a lot better if your not happy with its performance.

The best scope i have ever used was the simmons white tail classic 1.5-5x20 i know you might say 20!!! what the heck use is that! but because it is a low mag scope once it was parelaxed to 35 yards anything out beyond 45 was a little blurry so i knew it was out of range, and i could shoot a lot longer than any other scope i have ever had! well worth checking out :lol:

ROB :lol:

ps if you have the option check out the prices our american bretheren pay!!!!! eg Tasco Varmint 6-24x42 A/O £80 from JSR hawke varmit II (same scope) £159 from uttings tasco Varmint 6-24x42 A/O from the US £40!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by roblade

• 1 year later...
How about new brocock hunter. They retail at about �240.

The only place i've seen them advertised in the UK is in "airgunner" magazine under the JSramsbottoms selling section.

Cant seem to find any images of it, but heres the main specs:

-Calibre= .177 and .22

-Action= Single shot, bolt action

-O/A Length= 36.75ins

-Weight= 7.5lbs

-Trigger= Two stage

-Safety= Manual resetable

-Stock= Ambi, black synthetic (or walnut t.b.a)

-Power= 11+ft lbs

Cracking gun this for the money, Easy to zero and damn accurate, Get one!