I just put a £1000 deposit down

Psyxologos

We recently traded a mini in for Freelander 2, ours is 57reg and Auto, Sups like a fish. Misses regularly only get 26mpg out of it but its no worse than my last Auto TD5 Disco. I love the freelander though, HSE spec like yours with all the mod cons, I added the roof boot spoiler and tinted the windows as soon as i got ours. Don't like the handling on corners though, suppose my L200 is solid as a rock so Freelander feels lot worse when i'm allowed to drive it.

Good Choice mate and good luck with it.

I have had one from new its giving 34 MPG fitted a nice box steel platform for shooting, cant beat box steel on a £30K car, i have all the trimmings Leather etc, platform fits on or off in just 20 mins, but to be honest I do take Mrs P shoping in it to Tesco just for the looks :hmm:

sorry to drag this one up, but this is a fantastic idea. If you don't mind could i ask for some more details or pictures as to how you've constructed this, I think I may make something similar (but with a seat) for the fourtrak. Do you mount to a ball hitch or one of those dixon bate type hitches?

Despite this topic, I have just put a £1000 deposit on a Land Rover Freelander 2 2.2 TD4 HSE. I loved the car on first sight. Drives very similar to the X5 and comes with loads of luxuries (leather, sat nav, bluetooth, cd changer, climate control etc).

Anyone had any experience of them at all? I enclose a picture of car with specs. I deliberately left the price on there, so you can tell me if I got a good offer, to your opinion. I part exchanged my mini cooper s and got £10,750 off the price of the Freelander.

enao.jpg

One thing i noticed on this is the turning radius......11.5 METRES !! surely that can't be right,as that is almost double most other 4x4's ??

One thing i noticed on this is the turning radius......11.5 METRES !! surely that can't be right,as that is almost double most other 4x4's ??

Then they didn't improve the turning radius from the old one. My mum has an original freelander (99), and it has the turning radius, of the moon!

dam comfy seats though <_<