Discovery TD5 ES Manual

Raja Clavata

low range to me usually feels like it'll pull it or break if you've good traction I'm never sure its a good idea on a vehicle you pay for repairs on :hmm:

Make sure you get someone to film it and post it on youtube Baldrick i'd love to see you do it or blow up in style whichever results <_<

I think that's the key point, al4x - I pay for the repairs. However, when my current Disco reaches the end of its useful life, I will certainly make sure I test it to destruction.

• 1 month later...
Blimey.

Do you know what, Fred from Essex 4x4 told me that people were getting late reg Series 2 facelifts and stripping out all the stuff that could go wrong (all the active nonsense out, and back to springs and stuff that won't break). I didn't quite believe him but I can see it make sense if you get a series 2 as a car to keep.

Gixer, out of interest what was the damage on reseting the active / electronic nonsense and exactly what did you have done? Also was there anything else you wish you had done / not done.

Just got a quote for this .....£180 a corner for the parts + 1. 1/2 hours labour per corner

I would think that was in excess of 25 tonnes? ...can you imagine trying to stop that though :yes::lol:

As alex said they have an amazing amount of torque in low box....wonder what wieght it would take before it just wouldn't pull it?

You'd be surprised, way back when seemingly most of the family were in the motor trade my Uncle Jacko used to recover artics off the M6 around Leyland and it aint flat round there.What did he use ? a Series Diesel I did ask about how well they stood up to it and he reckoned a new clutch every second or third recovery you have to remember this would be back before the HGV limits were increased.