Land Rover Discovery 2 Gearbox fault

Chally2

I flogged my 110 last year and bought a disco 2 face lift is it the GS the one with air suspension but not ACE or parking sensors. Any way I was really supprised how well it coped off road with the traction control. Very different to the defender with just a diflock. I was very impressed.

Recently though on long runs it doesn't want to change down. I have to double de clutch it to get it in any gear. Sounds like the syncro doesn't it. It has less than 40000 miles on the clock. It has warranty but every time I take it to a garage the gearing behaves itself. Very annoying I hate spuradic faults. Has any one else had a similar problem and what was the diagnosis.

Probably worthwhile changing the gearbox oil tired oil can cause allsorts of problems.

One of the scoobies was binding on tight turns which was caused by the oil which

feeds the centre diff as well. Last time I checked on the Landrover forum the

percieved wisdom was to use a synthetic grade personally I stuck with mineral

on my 300TDi but changing it did improve the gearchanges markedly.

Yes I thought about changing the oil and even went as far as buying the expensive stuff from diff lock .com, but didn't want it thrown away if the box needs to come out. I still think this shouldn't be happening at 30000 miles. Im just waiting for the thiefs at land rover to say it's something that isn't covered by the warranty, when all signs point to the fact its premature wear.