gaining permission to shoot on land

Can any please give advice for a novice to shoot on land. Would like to get permission to shoot on land, what is the best approach to estates and farmers. I have a licence, SG and Insurance. Trying to get into a syndicate by asking the question, but no response so far. What do the farmers neesd to know etc. When is the best time to knock on doors I guess. Ideally, would like someone to show me the ropes. Help would be appreciated.

Where abouts you from?

I found speaking to people that know people with land is the best bet cause they can kind of put in a good word for you. But I did speak a couple and because they dont know you they tend to say no. Maybe it would be worth writing a letter???

Hi mate being a farmer myself you just have to approach them nicely say your name and where your from and offer your services,it also helps if you offer to give them a hand from time to time around the farm fence repairs getting the bullocks in,just genral help even tractor driving.We do get people coming to our farm all the time and there firsts words are iv just got an airgun can i kill rabbits/go shooting on your farm, see it doesnt work just be polite and dont get knocked back and dis heartend when they say they have someone shooting their farm try more,it also helps to say youll do ratting aswell if you have the tools. Regards and good luck and remember if you dont ask youll never get!

Where abouts you from?

I found speaking to people that know people with land is the best bet cause they can kind of put in a good word for you. But I did speak a couple and because they dont know you they tend to say no. Maybe it would be worth writing a letter???

I am from North Derby, close to Duffield. Will take all the advice that you have kindly offered. I am in the Royal Marines, shotgun shooting has recently be funded, to encourage members to get into the sport. Think I will locate all the local farmers and ask the question.

Hi mate being a farmer myself you just have to approach them nicely say your name and where your from and offer your services,it also helps if you offer to give them a hand from time to time around the farm fence repairs getting the bullocks in,just genral help even tractor driving.We do get people coming to our farm all the time and there firsts words are iv just got an airgun can i kill rabbits/go shooting on your farm, see it doesnt work just be polite and dont get knocked back and dis heartend when they say they have someone shooting their farm try more,it also helps to say youll do ratting aswell if you have the tools. Regards and good luck and remember if you dont ask youll never get!

advice received with thanks, thanks for your time.