Wildfowling Clubs in Conwy area

ian163

I'm looking to join a wildfowling club for the coming season and was wondering if anyone knows of any clubs in and around the Conwy area.

I know of one on Anglesey and have sent an email to them but still waiting on a reply, the Dee wildfowling club is a bit too far. However I’ve come across the Rhyl and Conwy Wildfowling club in a Google search but I can't find the link or any contact details for it.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Many thanks

Ian

Edited by ian163

Good morning,

The club in question is affiliated ot BASC, I cannot pass their detials onto you, but if you want to send me your contact detials by PM or by e-mail david.ilsley@basc.org.uk I will be happy to write to the club secretary for you and pass your details to him. I do not know if they have nay vacancies at the moment though.

Best wishes

David

Good morning,

The club in question is affiliated ot BASC, I cannot pass their detials onto you, but if you want to send me your contact detials by PM or by e-mail david.ilsley@basc.org.uk I will be happy to write to the club secretary for you and pass your details to him. I do not know if they have nay vacancies at the moment though.

Best wishes

David

In the dim and distant past when I was secretary of the East Lothian Wildfowlers which was at that time affiliated to BASC (no longer I think), BASC used to give my contact details to anyone who requested them. Then they stopped doing that, saying that the Data Protection Act prevented it and that they could only do what DavidBASC has suggested above.

At the same time, every year they sent me a form to complete with the club details. I suggested that the DPA provision could be overcome if they included a simple question on that form asking if the club was willing to have contact details released to BASC members who enquired (but not to the general public). It seems that, although many years have passed, that suggestion has still not been taken up.

Jim

On the contrary, about 8 years ago we started doing just that- indeed we went a step further and asked if they wanted their details to go to non BASC members also, or just ot BASC members.

As it happenes the R&C club are one who do not want their details passed to any third parties at the moment, hence my offer of help.

David

On the contrary, about 8 years ago we started doing just that- indeed we went a step further and asked if they wanted their details to go to non BASC members also, or just ot BASC members.

As it happenes the R&C club are one who do not want their details passed to any third parties at the moment, hence my offer of help.

David

Fair Play.