Scope for a .243

Norrie

Meopta..............great glass, stick with it :good:

Hi Henry...this thread has moved on from what scope, to what rings?? as i'm going to be def using the Meopta for a while at least...or until I can afford to buy a good secondhand scope..:)

I dont have enough knowledge to say if it's good or not,tho, it's lovely and clear to look through.... just that the chap who gave me it, has wayyyy more knowledge than me....and IMHO, if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me..:) Just got to get the rings now...:)

I'm really thankful to you guys for this...you are a great bunch......If I could, I'd buy each and every one of you a pint...LOL....Thanks..:)

Will this help ?, a bad pic of the rings in question..I need 25mm or 1inch....muzzle end to the right..

007.jpg

Edited by Norrie

I would definately go for a more than 6x mag if your doing Fox work.My S&B variable powered scope is mainly left on 10x power that's why I recommended the gentleman to get the Simmons WTC 3.5-10x50 scope thats in his price bracket!

Hi BB, Thanks mate.. All this info is getting taken on board, and will be reused when the time comes to buy a scope..:) It will be used for foxing tho...as well as Roe and Reds..

Norrie.Trust me mate if you want good glass in your price bracket the Simmons WTC is perfect.Ok it may not be in the same class as maybe Meopta,S&B,Swarovski,Nightforce and Zeiss etc but as I said before I can't recommend this scope enough as it certainly is an excellent value for money scope!