Tundra Tex Ghillie Suit

crazyfrog

I was reading one of my air rifle magazines recently and saw a advert for Ghillie Suits called Tundra Tex from a company called The Shooting Party. They sell other stuff, but these suits in question are just around the £45 each, one is in a green digital type pattern and the other is a brown autumn design, both are quiet. rot free etc etc... So two suits for the price of one so to speak.

I took them out yesterday for the first time and in one word BRILLIANT I put the green digital pattern on and simply sat under a tree in plain (hidden) sight. I nailed a woodie that landed in the tree above me, sitting still I had two Roe Doe's walk about 15 feet from left to right in front of me, but the ultimate was another woodie. It landed about 4 feet above and 8 feet out just to the left in the tree I was sitting under. As you all know woodies have brilliant eyesight, unfortunately for me my rifle was pointing in the wrong direction so SLOWLY swing the rifle around the woodie took off. I must point out that I was not in any kind of shade, just using the tree to help mask my outline.

I went around my permission and had a good day, the suit is lightweight and easily goes over your outer clothes and is easy to put on and take off.

The only drawback to the suit is that the flap that covers your face sit inside the hood and you use the drawstrings on the hood to keep it in place, it may be a better idea if this is fitted with velcro, I am going to add some velcro to the hood, but for the money the are a VERY good purchase.