Knives. What do you use?

Gimlet

i use a woodlore JLT made knife 01 tool steel with a flat scandi grind , razor sharp ,antler scales and easy cleaned ,quick strop to bring the edge right back up .i use it for camping ,gutting and anything else i could need a knife for. i could have got a cheaper knife that done the same job but i fancied getting a quality knife that would do me the rest of my life and i could get a feel for from many years of use . :good:

I use a couple ,

Fixed Blade ~ Mora Clipper . Cheap as chips to buy , holds its edge well. Have used both the carbon and the stainless steel bladed ones , Personally I prefer the stainless .

Folding Pocket Knife ~ Wenger Classic 07 . Brilliant little pocket knife . This is nearly always with me . Quality stainless blade imo and keeps its edge very well.

Here is a selection of some of mine. All have a specific purpose - apart from the two obvious ones (no crocodiles around here)

knives.jpg

As you can see, the enzo (birch handle) and mora get most use for general knifey stuff. The opinel is always on my shooting bag and the little joker folder in my pocket.

There are loads more, but they are mainly for 'this is why you wouldn't buy this kind of knife' demonstrations. I also forgot to get out my carving/crook knife set.

Edited by huffhuff