Stick welder wanted

Dr_evil

If you got the cash fella buy a kemppi 110/240v duel inverter, will weld at 170amps all day long. i invested in one myself it is a awesome bit of kit, you will pay for it but worth every penny

Edited by fletch2

Cant afford anything like that atm :( however that being said I'm not a fan of inverters compared to transformers due to the cost of repairing them so an oil cooled beast still appeals to me as most things can be fixed with some solder and a couple of £3 parts unlike the super detailed PCB's

i never was a fan either, tho im converted now. i work on new builds and it aint fun carrying 200ft of welding cables up 20/30 flights of stairs only to run out of petrol and have to head back down again to fill up.

get yourself on gumtree you'll get a cheap oil filled or petrol one on there. cheers

Ones popped up on ebay nearby http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kemppi-MinarcTig-180-Welder-/290901277096?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43bb1139a8&autorefresh=true so may put in an offer on that but still think a transformer one would be better :P tradition and all that!

Most of my welding is MIG but I'll be doing more by stick and TIG now and scrapping the MIG side of my fabrication purely based on the fact that with a stick and TIG you get a much nicer looking weld IMO, yes mig can give a nice ripple pattern but you cant beat the fishscale on TIG

I was going to get a Lincoln Electric Invertec 160t but backed out in the end, probably should have bought the ****** in hindsight but never mind eh

Will send the seller a message to find out the bottom line as I can get a transformer TIG (Miller Synchrowave) for £500 then have enough left over for a dedicated small oil welder or a small MOSA petrol welder