Kia Sportage - LPG Conversion

Wildfowler12

Kia Sportage 2.0i Special Ed -TITAN (LPG Convert), for sale at £3750.

It is with regret that I have to part with my trusty 4x4 - a company car forces a reluctant sale. The car is finished in metallic black paint, and the specification includes - ABS, Air bags (front, rear, side), Air con with climate control, Alarm, Alloys, Bluetooth, Body coloured bumpers, CD player, Cruise control, Electric mirrors, Electric sunroof, Folding rear seats, Electric windows, Front fog lights, Heated seats, Height adjustable drivers seat, IPod / USB / AUX input, Isofix child seat anchor points, Leather seats, LPG Conversion, Metallic Paint, Parrot hands-free kit, PAS, Remote locking, Roof rails, Side/front/rear airbags, Steering wheel adjustment, Traction control, Voice recognition calling. It has cover 114,000 miles, most of which have been done by me, and 90% of these miles have been racked up on the motorway - I live in Warrington and work in Penrith, 200miles/day on the M6.

The LPG conversion was completed by a UK LPG approved installer (Gas Tech), and the vehicle has been formlly changed to a dual fuel on the log book, resulting in a small discount on the car tax. The donut gas tank is fitted in the spare wheel well, so no boot space has been compromised. All of the conversion equiptment (tank, valves, hoses etc) are hidden apart from a small gas-fuel indicator on the dash. The conversion is a KME multi point injection system, which cost £1280, and I also had the flash lube system installed, even though the vehicle was not on the lubricant required list - peace of mind.

Ive also had a Parrot MKi 9100 hands free kit professionally installed. This allows you to stream music through the cars sound system via Bluetooth, but also has Aux/iPod/USB connection too.

I have owned this car for 5 years and I have an extensive amount of repair documents, receipts and full service history. It has been extremely well looked after and is mechanically sound. As my employer pays for the mechanical maintenance of my vehicle, whenever anything has shown signs of failure, it has been replaced immediately. You will even notice that some of the major work (cam belt etc) has even been done ahead of the manufacturers schedule.

Service History:

·03/07/08 Full Service @ 11,442.

·12/07/09 Full Service @ 19,248.

·05/05/10 Full Service @ 28,111.

·16/03/11 Full Service @ 34,654.

·12/06/12 Full Service @ 44,582.

·01/06/13 Full Service @ 55,597.

·27/11/13 LPG Service @ 60,000.

·15/05/14 Full Service @ 72,542.

·10/11/14 LPG Service @ 83,107.

·10/12/14 Interim Service @ 85,101.

·06/08/15 Full Service @ 99,008.

·20/08/15 LPG Service @ 99,799.

·10/05/16 LPG Service @ 110,200.

Other Major Work:

·24/11/12 LPG Conversion @ 48,283.

·01/06/13 Timing kit replacement, tensioners, waterpump, all associated belts @ 55,598.

·13/03/15 Clutch replacement and gearbox/crankshaft oil seals @ 91,604.

·02/09/15 Brake discs and pads replaced all round @ 101,033.

·15/03/16 Rear Exhaust at 107,000.

·30/03/16 2 new rear tyres @ 107,310.

·10/05/16 LPG system inspected for re-sale @ 110,200, new multivalves fitted.

Despite Kia's published economy figures being in the mid 30s, the car actually returns 21-25MPG. But as LPG costs only 49.9p/litre at the moment, this equates to 10p/mile to run the car, it is exceptionally cheap - hence why I have kept hold of it for so long.

The bad bits... As well as being my work vehicle, the car has doubled up as the shoot bus / occasional tip runner. As such, it has the usual light scuffs on the interior, and some scratches to the bodywork. The alloy wheels are showing signs of flaking - I will photgraph the worst of it. The only known problem it has is with a fault on the brake switch, that very occasionally causes the ESP light to illuminate, OR inhibit the cruise control set speed function. This happens maybe 2 or 3 times a year, and turning the ignition off then back on solves it. The fault was subject to a re-call, but I missed the window to have it fixed. The brake switch costs exactly £23.50 from KIA, and the online guidance suggests its a 5 minute job to replace - screw out screw in. I've also noticed a tiny 'whirring' sound when driving on a graduated bend. I'm inclined to think this could be a sign that a wheel bearing / bush is worn, but the mechanic could hear or see anything untoward when I asked him to check it out.

The glasses valuation of the vehicle is £3400 - £4100 for a private sale, but that doesn't take into account the modifications, and dealer sale special edition models (TITAN) on Autotrader are listed at around £5k. I'm conscious that the timing belt replacement is due again in the near future, and the MOT / service are due by July, which might put some buyers off.

139A9142-111E-4FE3-BDF0-BF34B28AC1D4.jpg

So... I'm proposing this. IF my asking price of £3750 is met (the valuation mid-point), I will personally pay for the timing belt kit to be changed, OR, I will pay for a full service and MOT (your choice). It will be done by my usual mechanic and will of course come will full receipts. Any questions please ask, and I will do my best to respond. Please note however, that I am away on business until the weekend.

Edited by Wildfowler12

HUGE Price drop:

Update - a friend of mine is buying his first car and offered me the option to use this as a part exchange. The dealer offered him £2000 for it, which of course he was going to pass back to me.

He's not picking his new car up until Thursday so if anybody is interested, you can have it for £2k too - otherwise it'll be his P/X.

Thanks,

Todd

Edited by Wildfowler12