Friday night Lamping

Suffolk shooter

Well, Friday night as always got a late call from Ferretboy111 asking if I was up for lamping . (Mate, really need to work on that plenty of notice thing, missus is going to kill me sooner or later :good: ).

Popped round his just before 9pm and met his new ESS, lovely little bitch, friendly, curious makes me want another dog just so I can have a puppy around again. Drove up to the farm and met up with Farmerguy.22.

Both of them had their rifles, FB111 a 17HMR (I think) and FG.22 (.22), my job was to simply hang on the back with FG.22 (FB111's driving you know :yes: ) and Lamp the bunnies for them.

Started off well, covered a fair bit of land and managed to get quite a few bunnies, FB111 took us to a part of permission I hadn't been to and as soon as we pulled in the gate, I swung the lamp to the left a to be greeted with some 50-60 bunnies munching on the spring barley coming through.

The lads took a few out and we ended the evening with 13. The only sour note was that we saw two foxes, but neither of them would come to the squeaking. So these will have to be got another night.

Best part of the evening though had to be the death train that made FG.22 jump out of his skin as we drove down the margin overlooking one field which the London/Norwich Line runs past right at the moment that we were driving alongside.

Cheers lads, looking forward to more days/nights out.

SS :whistling: