C40 Barbour Border Jacket £50

BrowningB525

Barbour Border Wax Jacket - C40 £50

Here's the advertising blurb:

A perfect all-weather jacket for a taller gentleman, or ideal for wearing over a suit, the iconic Border jacket comes in a longer length with a generous fit.

Designed in the early 1980s by Chairman Dame Margaret Barbour, the Border is named to represent the land border between Scotland and England that founder John Barbour crossed in 1870 to get to North East England, where Barbour is still based.

Made with mediumweight 6oz waxed cotton, the Border is fully interactive with an optional hood and zip-in thermal liners, making it a reliable jacket all year round. Traditional design features such as two generously sized bellows pockets, two moleskin-lined handwarmer pockets, classic corduroy collar with throat flap studs and a large brass ring-pull zip with 'Stormfly' front close give this jacket a timeless look, popular with all ages and for a range of lifestyles.

Designed as a casual, everyday jacket, the Border features two internal game pockets with detachable pocket bags and Velcro stormcuffs for extra protection in foul weather.

• Interactive zip-in liners, studded for optional hood
  • 100% cotton Barbour Tartan lining
  • Two bellows pockets and two moleskin-lined handwarmer pockets
  • Corduroy collar
  • Large brass ring-pull zip
  • Mediumweight 6oz Barbour Thornproof wax

This jacket is in good used condition, with not rips, or holes. I have just re-waxed it with genuine Barbour wax so it a little shiny, but this will soon fade with wear. The game pocket liners are present. This jacket is a C40 size, but is a little too generous for me (I am a 40 R in suits, so bear this in mind). It is also a little short in the sleeve, but I am quite long in the arm.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

I am after £50 for this including postage. I am located in Normanton, West Yorkshire (WF6) if you are local. Trying on/collection is welcome.

Edited by BrowningB525

• 2 weeks later...