Thank you all!

Sten Ch

Quote:

Sten, ive posted the this photo(Daily Mail) before , but thought it may be of interest to you.

This boar was shot in the south somewhere, and as you can see its quite a beast

By the way, did you shoot the boar on the ground or from a high seat?

Good write up and pics as usual.

That's a really big one. Maybe I should take back what I wrote abot boars being smaller in the south and the west of Europe... Do you know the weight?

No, I didn't shoot the magnum boar from a high seat. I don't think they had many high seats in Estonia at that time. I stood on the ground when he crossed an open area in front of me, with six or seven terriers, dachshounds and mongrels after him. Standing in a high seat of course makes it a bit easier and above all makes the shooting a bit safer. I have never been afraid standing on the ground on a boar shoot, if that is what you mean. A few weeks ago I shot a crossing boar, but he turned directly towards me and my second shot - from about three meter - didn't stop him either, it just pierced his right ear. He passed merely one meter to the left of me and fell dead from the first shot 25 meters behind me. He didn't come right at me because he wanted to get me. It was coincidental. He just changed direction when hit and I happend to stand there.

Edited by Sten Ch

Quote:

That's a really big one. Maybe I should take back what I wrote abot boars being smaller in the south and the west of Europe... Do you know the weight?

I dont think the article in the paper gave the exact weight, it did mention that some were near the 1/3 of a ton.

Here is the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Edited by migster