bisley magnums

timbo191163

i use bisley magnums with my bsa lightning find then great but i read that because they are heavy pellets they will after time weaken your gun spring is this true i also use sn2 tin bullets very very accurate up tp 80 metres have not found 1 lead pellet that will match this also heard that because tin is hard they will damage ur barrel

i use bisley magnums with my bsa lightning find then great but i read that because they are heavy pellets they will after time weaken your gun spring is this true i also use sn2 tin bullets very very accurate up tp 80 metres have not found 1 lead pellet that will match this also heard that because tin is hard they will damage ur barrel

i ues them in my pcp and they are super :good:

My personal theory is that there has got to be an optimum weight for a pellet

Too light & it will expell too easily without creating a cushion of air to stop the piston slamming into the end of the compression chamber

Too heavy & it will take some expelling thus taking it's toll on the spring.

American chap "Charlie Da Tuna" reckons the optimum is around 15 grains for a .22

Personally, I think there's a sensible range from say Accupels at 14.3g to AA fields at 16.0g which covers most situations just fine.

I view Bis' Mag's as unneccessarily heavy unless you're FAC but then I'm a "no such thing as over penetration" kind of guy.

Why settle for one hole when you can have an exit wound as well?