FAC Airgun

RobAll

Hi

This maybe a stupid question but...........

If you apply for a FAC licence for a high powered air rifle, do the police do the same land checks that they would for a rimfire?

Cheers, Rob

hi Rob, when i applied for a fac, i wanted a rimmy to start, plod inspected this particular piece of land (a wpc) said not suitable for a rimmy but ok for a fac rated air rifle, so thats what i use on it at the mo! :yp:

i was told later by someone that the wpc is an anti! she didnt have a clue about firearms she kept ringing up her superiors cos she wasnt sure what to do!! i think i she gave a misleading report when she got back :yp:

hope this makes sense :/

Cheers for that Digga.

I spoke to the firearms officer today who basically confirmed what you said. ie the same land check has to be carried out if you intend to use a FAC air rifle or a rimfire. It seems that they are not quite as strict if you are going to use an air rifle though. Land which is not suitable for a rimfire might be OK for an air rifle.

She did kind of suggest that they also take into account how 'sensible' the applicant seems.

Rob