my bsa airsporter mk1

radio1ham

well i got this a few months ago and have since cleaned it up it was covered in black gloss paint aswell ive done some blueing on it

it may need somemore ,also had to fix a piece in on the forend infront of the breach as there was a chunk of wood missng aswell

only thing is i know you cant blue aluminium so just wondering what else i could use

and also a shame about the knocks and dings in the wood aswell but i guess its seen some use since it was made

i guess judging by the serial number about 1949

so for something nearly 60 years old it aint bad and it still has the original sights aswell ( which many seem to loose over the years)

ive used this gun a few times but will need new piston seal soon and a trigger spring aswell

so has anyone got any ideas what i can use on the aluminuim on the rear of the gun and on the trigger guard aswell

thanks again all

post-11030-1256069659.jpg

Edited by radio1ham

You can get aluminium welding rod (fleaby) which melts under normal propane torch temperatures and yes you can blue aluminium but not in the same way as steel industrial processes (first job out of school 30 odd years ago) involve anodising but looking on the web Dylon is reckoned to do the job quite well