Old BSA Meteor

Axe

A Big thank you to all the members who responded to my posts on getting my BSA Meteor Mk2 up and running again.

Up till now I have never been in the field with it and have only plinked tins etc. After spending the last couple of weeks getting my old Mk2 up and running I finally stepped on to the field after having got the gun zeroed in to 25 Yards.

Making sure of all my ranges etc myself and two colleagues ventured out 6am Sunday morning and quite simply, I dispatched 3 rabbits with good clean single head shots.

The rifle performed extremely well at 25-30 yards and even proved to be the most succesful of the day! I know some would say the rifle isnt man enough for the job, but I found at these ranges it was more than up to it.

Of course, now ive caught the bug, so to speak, i'd like to get rid of that twang and go get a nice quiet PCP, probably a Logun Solo unless anybody has a better suggestion.

Once again, a big thanks to all.

Regards,

Axe.

Edited by Axe

3 nil more like 5 nil matey :) Dont forget I was there and bagged two smaller ones and yes I would also like to thank Axe for the meal I had today very nice .

See bellow for pic :

RabbitPie.jpg

This was the fist wabbit pie I have ever made ( Rabbit and parsley cream pie) and hopefully many more to come. I would like to try other recipies to though. Any one got any good BARBY ones I could try over the next few months(Burgers/Kebabs) ? Nice pie though not sure my kids thought the same :D:D

Thanks

Jason

Edited by JJaxeman

In my .22 metor I have a ox spring. It seems to shoot really well and at a guess I would say its putting out around 8 -9 ftlbs.

I have heard that the gun is not upto taking these springs though. I will post if it breaks.

I did a fair bit of research in to the gun before buying a spring. I came to the conclusion that fitting a more powerful spring would not only destroy the rifle but would also ruin the accuracy of the gun.

In the end and after consultation with John Knibbs of Birmingham, I ordered and fitted the spring he recommended a Titan High Performance spring. Dont know if its one they make or have made for them, but he reckons that the rifle should be producing around 10 - 10.5 ft lb if working properly.

Who am I to argue with a guy that used to work for BSA. Even BSA recommend him if you phone them about an older gun!!!! I've yet to get the rifle chronoed, but it does do the job im using it for.

Regards,

Axe.

A friend of mine is shooting it at the moment and is hitting pigeons and rats at around 20 meters and killing them stone dead. This with open sites and he has yet to miss.

What is his overall effective range to target?

I've found that 30 yards is about as far as I would go. The grouping over this distance is close enough to do the job but any further and it it starts going off.

Regards,

Axe.