Accuracy, range, power, pellets and chairgun pro.....

Mr5050

A bit of newbie question coming up....

What kind of range is a non fac rifle accurate upto? Its just that I've been playing with my s410 and the average power is only 9.3 ft/lb. After toying with chairgun pro it seems if I increased the power upto 11.5 I'd only gain a few yards. As my rifle is underpowered I've been using webly mosquito express pellets and they are pin point upto 45yds, clover leaf shots after. Anyone out there with a prefered setup using chairgun pro? or a power to pellet preference?

Please bear in mind that hunting is my prime objective and even tho my rifle is only running 9.3, it still over penetrates! Well it went clean thro a collered dove last week...

Thanks in advance,

Danny.

A bit of newbie question coming up....

What kind of range is a non fac rifle accurate upto? Its just that I've been playing with my s410 and the average power is only 9.3 ft/lb. After toying with chairgun pro it seems if I increased the power upto 11.5 I'd only gain a few yards. As my rifle is underpowered I've been using webly mosquito express pellets and they are pin point upto 45yds, clover leaf shots after. Anyone out there with a prefered setup using chairgun pro? or a power to pellet preference?

Please bear in mind that hunting is my prime objective and even tho my rifle is only running 9.3, it still over penetrates! Well it went clean thro a collered dove last week...

Thanks in advance,

Danny.

Send it back to AA and get them to sort the power out - it should be on around 11-11.5 consistently, you're then looking at 45 yards max with a .177 H&N FTT. My previous setup was just this with an S400 Carbine. :stupid:

I agree. If you got it new then send it back as it should be 11 ft/lb at least.

As for range - 45 yds is pretty good. In the field you'd be hard pressed to hit a kill zone beyond that sort of distance. Also, don't judge over penetration on the basis of one shot. Collard doves aren't the hardiest of quarry. You might find wood pigeon and squirrels a little tougher to kill. AA Fields seem to work well in S410's.