TRIJICON

shoot57

Are you thinking of the ACOG?

Very clear optics, but

1. Very hard to get hold of

2. Very expensive

3. Designed for the military environment, ie, very robust, but heavy.

The fibre optic ret works well. Its a normal ret, but fed light through a fibre optic tube on top. So it illuminates without needing batteries. Also, the rets are calibrated for for mil standard 5.56 rounds with a specific load. So might not suit your particular rifle.

In short, they are good at what they are designed for. However, unless you have a specific need for one, which isn't "wanting to look like a SF trooper", I'd look at something else.

been looking at these scopes on the net, they look interesting, just looking for advice on the the quality of the optics from other users particulary on the fibre optic ill rets....thanks

hi shoot57 yorky stu here try looking up trijicon accupoint TR20 3-9x40 amber.I have one on my daystate,crystal clear.If the light is not good the the reticle still lights up.The illumination is due to a radiation source(HYDROGEN 3 known as Tritium. Fantastic sights but a bit pricey yorky stu

thanks lads, particulary interested in the accupoint 2.5-10x56 as a foxing scope to be used at night with a lamp but as always these things look nice in the adds but it is a problem to actually find one to have a look through before you buy, dont suppose any of you know where in the uk they are stocked?