Emergency Air Horn

flexouk

I live out in a rural community. We are raising funds for a defibrillator as we are to far away for any emergency service to reach us in time if someone suffers a heart-attack. As part of this we have introduced an emergency air horn system. Sounds a bit weird but heres the thing. They have a range of over 1.5km, if you were in an emergency situation you can sound this horn as a way of raising the alarm. The other side of it is, say you are home alone and think there is an intruder on your property you can also sound the alarm. If I was a burglar and all of a sudden this bloddy great sound went off I'd soon clear off.

Has anyone else tried this type of scheme where they live? Ours is in its young stages so if you have something going like this it would be worth hearing about.

No i haven't heard of this being used before however i often have to work right out in the sticks and so my company armed us with safety alram that were worn on a nylon rope around the neck. They use GPS to track you and have an emergency button that if pressed automatically notifies the emergency services with you exact position. I know this may not be suitable but if you require any more info PM me and ill find out the supplier.

Other than that i think the air horn system sounds good and would definately make a robber **** his pants and scarper

atb Dan