Mossberg 500/600 C-LECT CHOKE , How do you ......

dooseydog

.......adjust it :angry:?:(

Cannot see any markings , choke screws up and down thread on barrel but no indicators as to when "choking" begins or ends , or is this the norm and its just a case of adjust and fire until correct choking for the shooter is attained ?

regards

james

• 1 month later...
with an O/U rough shooting you get one shot straight after the other no need to pump it so you're straight on the fox. They don't clog up with very basic cleaning. The important bit when you're learning is break the gun and its safe so for crossing fences etc its far better to learn good habits with which are essential to shoot safely. If you have problems they are also perfectly acceptable at clay shoots and really you want clay lessons before you go onto living quarry. You'll find one a lot easier to learn to shoot with and lets face it shooting is no fun if you're missing all the time. Pumps are gimmicky guns which people buy to have a laugh with rather than as an all round gun to learn with.

.......adjust it :blush:?:good:

Cannot see any markings , choke screws up and down thread on barrel but no indicators as to when "choking" begins or ends , or is this the norm and its just a case of adjust and fire until correct choking for the shooter is attained ?

regards

james

We have 2 guns with this type off choke one is a Mossberg Maverick and the other is a ATP500,

you should have a small silver plate on the top off the barrel which the collet screws down over this has the markings on, if the plate is missing or the markings have rubbed off the only choice you have got is as you say to pattern and see what the best choke is.

They are usually marked cil mod and full but as you know you also have an infinite choice in between, for rabbits and most other vermin or game my wife and I shoot them with the collet two thirds off the way screwed in which is about a tight half.

With 5,6,and 7 shot they pattern very well also BB,AAA & SG work well on fox with the collet screwed all the way down.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Les

I don't agree with the statement off they are gimmicky guns as I also have a 835 Ultimag I learnt on a single barrel and I also used to shoot a side by side as well at the end of the day its down to personal preference and were and what you shoot.

We have 2 guns with this type off choke one is a Mossberg Maverick and the other is a ATP500,

you should have a small silver plate on the top off the barrel which the collet screws down over this has the markings on, if the plate is missing or the markings have rubbed off the only choice you have got is as you say to pattern and see what the best choke is.

They are usually marked cil mod and full but as you know you also have an infinite choice in between, for rabbits and most other vermin or game my wife and I shoot them with the collet two thirds off the way screwed in which is about a tight half.

With 5,6,and 7 shot they pattern very well also BB,AAA & SG work well on fox with the collet screwed all the way down.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Les

I don't agree with the statement off they are gimmicky guns as I also have a 835 Ultimag I learnt on a single barrel and I also used to shoot a side by side as well at the end of the day its down to personal preference and were and what you shoot.

many thanks l

Les, plate is missing, but by trial and error has turned into a great clay gun , many thanks james