Savage F/TR .308

hi

unfortunately, i have read some rather dire reviews of this rifle as f/TR class....from both sides of the pond.

what has been your shooting experience and why are you selling?

Interesting, I have been reading the opposite. Please let me know what reviews you have been reading?? I would speak to Stuart Anselm from Osprey Rifles about this rifle, he is a wealth of knowlege. Also look on Precisionrifle.webs.com/projects.htm for info on the action, also 6mmbr.com. If you look on any forum you get all sorts of informed and uninformed opinion. It's the same with anything.

This is a beutiful rifle to shoot in my opinion and the trigger is a gem. If you are looking for somewhere to start F class or FTR without breaking the bank, then this is a very good place to start. Sure It's not going to compete with a rifle costing £3000 ( if you can shoot that well) but with such a superb action you have an exellent base to build on should you feel the need.

Remember you are getting an as new £1500 rifle + mount worth more than £85 for £1000 here!!!

Reason for sale is I just don't have time to shoot full bore anymore, what with rabbit hunting in full swing, clay shooting and Archery as my other hobby!! I now want to invest the money elsewhere. ( I think I could have condensed that into "I need the money")

Edited by Silhouette

I`ve shot one of these, my mates got one exactly the same, he did a lot of research on various makes before parting with his cash.

He has only had it three months but gets bulls at 600 yds and he`s just testing bullet heads and loads to get the same accuracy at 1000yds.

If I had a spare grand I`d have this tomorrow, well worth the money, I`ve seen these up for £1800 so it really is a bargain price, shoots very well straight out the box and the trigger is very nice.

Good luck with the sale