Anyone good with Computers ?

Marcus

Hi Guys

Im in over my head now so would like some pointers please

My sisters computer never had any general maintenance done on it for years. Really slow, takes ages to load up an internet browser, often freezes or craches etc you get my drift.

Today, I installed CCLEANER that I have used on my computer to do some tidying up. I ran it and it took ages, but removed over 1GB of stuff. Registry cleaner run also with loads to remove. I was going through the remove program feature to uninstall stuff she no longer uses or needs. Defragged etc etc

Now it wont connect to the internet - it says no internet connection or something like that.

I think its to do with the Rhine Family Ethernet.

I have downloaded 'Recover' from Piriform but Im not hopeful it will recover. So that leaves me with downloading the drivers from the net. I have found where to download it from but.......................

I cant do it on her machine....as it wont connect, what I would like to know is can I download it on my machine without buggaring up my drivers? Thinking along the lines of downloading to my pen drive to take back over hers etc

Am I close with this plan or am I ******* in the wind ?

control panel....system....hardware.....device manager...if there are any yellow question marks that is your problem....try system restore

If I choose system restore will it wipe anything off the computer, or just try to fix the issue?

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys.

I think I will need to get the S/N number off the back of the tower to identify the exact model, and driver etc

Been looking at downloading the Rhine Family Ethernet, but there seems to be a choice.

Sister has been into device manager and there is a marker against ethernet, so this is the problem, but could not find the drivers folder in C: drive, so I guess thats gone as well

Hi mate

Doesnt CCcleaner have a backup mode so you re-install your cleaned up files for this very reason of the probs you got? most cleaners / registry cleaners usually have this facility.

Alan