picking up experience req

fuffy1

hi, im 23 and from dorset, and am really wanting to get in to picking up on shoots! but with no luck, i have just moved to a new area and dont know one as such i have written to, rung and approached several gamekeepers, all ending with the same responce, a normaly polite, ''we dont need any one else thank you''! im allways reading write ups about trying to get the younger generation in to country sports, yet experience has told me otherwise. i did a little picking up with my older dog where i used to live and did get invited picking up on a small syndicate shoots, most of the birds were runners and of no use to me with my young dog. im not asking to be paid, or to replace reg picker ups, just the oppertunity to go along, watch and pick up a few bird with my young dog. i belive she may have great potential. if anyone can help out,, maybe a keeper, or someone that picks up and i could acompany them on a few days, it would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

stephanie

• 2 weeks later...
hi, im 23 and from dorset, and am really wanting to get in to picking up on shoots! but with no luck, i have just moved to a new area and dont know one as such i have written to, rung and approached several gamekeepers, all ending with the same responce, a normaly polite, ''we dont need any one else thank you''! im allways reading write ups about trying to get the younger generation in to country sports, yet experience has told me otherwise. i did a little picking up with my older dog where i used to live and did get invited picking up on a small syndicate shoots, most of the birds were runners and of no use to me with my young dog. im not asking to be paid, or to replace reg picker ups, just the oppertunity to go along, watch and pick up a few bird with my young dog. i belive she may have great potential. if anyone can help out,, maybe a keeper, or someone that picks up and i could acompany them on a few days, it would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

stephanie

What part of Dorset?

I am on a shoot near Totnes in Devon and you would be very welcome so if you are able to travel there, I can put you in contact with the Keeper.

Regards

Chairman