Saying goodbye to my Hilux Surf

tom_0787

I started a new job a month ago as the warranty manager for one of the biggest suppliers to my previous employer. Ive just been told that im going to get a company van. Yuck!

One the one hand it will be good because I'll no longer have to pay for fuel etc as Im getting a fuel card inc private use.

The bad news is that It means my Hilux Surf is going to have to go. It makes no sense keeping it as I have another car anyway and I dont want to pay to insure and tax it if its just going to sit on my drive unused. I really only lamp with it once a month (which it is perfect for!) as most of my shooting I park up and walk!

Its a real shame because is a sorted truck 3.0 TD, 90k, SSRX, 3rd gen (1995), Black over silver, BFG all terrains (only 6k old!), air con, sunroof. I always wanted a meaty 4x4 and this thing is perfect. Just like driving a car but with serious off road capabilities. To add insult to injury I changed the air filter, oil and filter, fuel filter, coolant and thermostat and rear brake shoes last weekend!

Im going to hate to see it go but needs must. Insurance is up on it early Jan so once my van arrives you'll see it in the classifieds :(