BSA sweet .17 6-18 x40 sp rifle scope

welsh warrior

been looking at scopes and i came across this and had a read about it ..does any one else use one ? they seam to be very good for 17 hmr. ..im on about the bullet drop Compensation... http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/543/106540/bsa-sweet-17-6-18x40-sp-rifle-scope/ seams to good to be true for 100 quid !

also does this the .. Hawke Varmint SF 6-24x44 ir rifle scope have the same bullet drop compensation built in ? or is it a different type ? it does say... Low, non-intrusive, BDC (bullet drop compensating) turrets allow dialling for long range. The click value is 1/4 MOA.... http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/766/107113/hawke-varmint-sf-6-24x44-ir-rifle-scope/

Edited by welsh warrior

ive had one for about 5 years cant fault it.get a range finder and use it with it,zero at 100yd set to 100 its fairly accurate on distance,the best ive done is a head shot on hare is 232yd (with range finder).i leave it at 10 times, a rabbit sat up at 100yd fills the reticule,i only move the turret above about 120/130yd lol

i did a test on the sweet17 scope about 18 months ago, and gave it the worst write up ever,

optics are crud FOV is pants and the so called dial in range finding designed for the 17hmr calibre is total pants,

i even sent a copy to BSA asking why oh why did they allow a piece of **** to have there name on it,i wonder why they never got back to me :no:

save your pennies and get a nicer quality scope for that wee hummer......................it deserves it.

bob.