Gun storage

buckaroo23

I move house soon and the miss's dont want my guns in the bedroom and theres no brick wall in the loft but i have a garage that is split in two could i put my guns in there the garage door can only be opend from the inside the second has three locks on it, i was thinking about getting a metal cabernet fixing it to the wall put my gun locker in there and then screwing it to the wall it all alarmed aswel oh and the garage is attached to the house aswell so access will be from the kitchen any thoughts on this

Hi well it's down to FLO if garage is attached and alarmed and secured by more than a normal up and over door they may be ok with it, it would need to be out of site of any windows etc, but could damp be an issue? With modern housing having less and less brick FLO are approving strong enough fixings into structural timber etc.

"When not in use, shotguns must be stored securely, in order to prevent – so far as is reasonably practicable – access by unauthorised persons."

i personally would say that putting your cabinet in an attached garage is not a problem. best thing to do is ring your feo and ask their advice :good:

Thanks for the advice looked on a early post bout storing gun and found the storing of firearms etc and it says you can store in a garage just as long as you have alarms and all that fitted but before i move the gun ill get the fao to come round n check every thing out