A weekend of two halfs

Yesterday tried our luck at some OSR being wacked hard for a couple of weeks weather fine not perfect ,after struggling we managed 3 between two of us.

Now when I got home and a had message on phone from a farmer drilled some wheat and the birds are wacking it .

Got to field this morning wet muddy and to sum up horrible conditions still did not put us off.

Quad bike out mud flying everywhere in my ears wellies etc,I setup on the high ground after dropping dad off lower down,it was very slow and the birds where not keen to decoy but then after 10 they started moving in big numbers against the wind from a large woods .

Dad had the most shooting and finnished with 138 and me 79 taking us to just over 200 in a short window just got home covered in mud plus dogs great day but not such great weather.

Sorry no pictures as it was just too wet to mess around.

Out again later in week if there still wacking it cheers OTH

Sounds like a cracking day in the end OTH :yes: A good bag too an goes to prove that you've got to persevere sometimes. I tried persevering today - horizontal rain and nothing coming out to play - didn't even fire a shot :oops:

It happens sometimes and makes days like you just had all the sweeter.

Cheers

Duncan

OTH

would love to come out with you one day and see what i am doing wrong,

because never have days like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SEEM 2 HAVE THEM EVERY OTHER WEEK LOL..............

Not really had a real lean time on woodies for a number of reason last time I shoot over 50 in a day was back in november on stubble.

Yes indeed join me your not far away

Cheers OTH

nice 1 buddy ,not been out much had a 33 on clover but not been out since hope next sunday ,need some dry weather to get some drillings but still seeing alot on the rape now ive had some top dressed :good:

Yes Tom the best bit is farmer said this is winter wheat drilling not spring wheat drilling.

Thats why it so early or late whatever you view it as.

Cheers OTH