20g or short stock 12g wanted

WelshLamb

Im after a 20g folding shotgun, O/U with single trigger, but will consider small 12g that doesnt kick like a mule. Have got up to about £300 to spend so am open to suggestions!! Im in South Wales (Pontypool)

Im a 26 year old female and this will be my first gun :) Im after something for rough shooting rabbits/pigeons, and the occasional clay day.

Thanks in advance!!

Have you tried guntrader and gunwatch?

The kick is more due to the shell than the gun, for clays a 12 gauge with 21 gram shells like Comp X from Hull cartridge are very soft on the shoulder and the purse for game and vermin you'll want something with more ooomph.

20 gauges are generally lighter to carry but there can be more felt recoil due the lower mass of the gun to absorb it.

As your a lady (sorry that sounds a bit odd! Girl?) you may find an off the shelf gun is a poor fit (too long in the stock and low in the comb) well worth budgeting a bit extra to have the gun altered to fit. Over budget but Arthur Bale in cardiff had a nice 20 bore Lincoln in last time i was there, almost bought it myself (and still might)

The other option for lower recoil is to use a semi auto, can be lighter to carry and available in 12 and 20 gauges the action absorbs some of the recoil and there are plenty about. Acceptable for clays and pigeons but perhaps not on driven game.

Edited by HDAV

Hi again, would just like to say thanks for the advice Ive received on here and via PM's. Ive been told soooo many different things by different people, my head is currently going round in circles :)

Ive been mostly rough shooting with an old double trigger Baikal, which was alright, but after an hour or two it just gets too heavy! Im not *too* bothered about recoil - I'm not "small" by definition, and I dont intend to put hundreds of shells a week through it (as I will be mostly rough shooting), I'm just after something that doesnt require popeye-esque biceps to carry around all day!

Thanks again folks :D

Baikals are great made from recycled tanks! But not the lightest, keep an eye out for a Lincoln or rizzini, or Franchi ( alloy and very light) but at £300 choose carefully as there are some out there only worthy of the scrap pile! Have you considered a SxS generally lighter and cheaper BSA ana AYA single triggers come up at that money

Edited by HDAV