FAC Air Ranger

f.a.c.sam

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought an FAC air ranger. It's a 40ft/lb .22 although I haven't had it chrono'd I have no reason to doubt that after I took it out hunting. Was very impressed with the grouping despite it being a windy day, I'm using H&N baracuda's which the guy I bought the gun off gave me, seems to like them a lot, what else do you guys recommend bisley magnums? The one thing I don't think I can live with on the gun is the barrel, my word is it long with the mod on! I'm thinking of having it chopped by A & M custom gunsmiths, the question is how much should I have cut off and from which end, i'm thinking removing about 7" from the muzzle to remove the shroud? I've seen a guy on THL who had his chopped to just past the bottle and I must say I think it looks the nuts. What are the drawbacks to a barrel chop, how much power and accuracy am I going to lose? I'm not quite sure whaat mod it has on at the moment, looks a bit like an air stream but not sure it is, when I get the barrel chop I will put a twink MKII on instead.

SNC14647.jpg

SNC14643.jpg

SNC14646.jpg

SNC14641.jpg

Here's the link to the guy who had his chopped, I would really appreciate your advice and opinions

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/178169-customized-daystate-air-ranger/