Postage to the Irish republic

Carbonrocket

Hi everone I have a buddy in South Ireland and I want to send him a suprise gift of several hats, a locking Gut hook knife (blade over 3 inches) and as a mickey take, a potato.

I have tried googling the import law and cant tell if the knife or potato are illeagal to send.

Anyone know of the laws of sending such items and the sites containing such info as I dont want any police knocking on my door due to a mis understanding.

Thanks

Carb

i didn't look further but the spud might be your downfall :lol:

as for the knife,it looks to be ok

OFFENSIVE WEAPONS

The importation of Offensive Weapons listed in SI 66 1991 is totally prohibited [Firearms and Offensive Weapons Act, 1990 (No 12 of 1990) and the Firearms and Offensive Weapons Act, 1990 (Offensive Weapons) Order, 1991 (SI 66 of 1991)]. This list now includes samurai swords as per SI.No.338 of 2009, with only certain types of samurai allowed to be imported.

For the purposes of this prohibition the term “offensive weapons” means:

a flick knife, that is to say ‐

a knife which opens when hand pressure is applied to a button, spring, lever or other device in or attached to the handle, or a knife which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force and when released is locked in an open position by means of a button, spring, lever or other device;

a knuckleduster, that is to say ‐

a band of metal or other hard material worn on one or more fingers, and Prohibitions and Restrictions April, 2011 18

designed to cause injury, or any weapon incorporating

or you could have look through here

http://postage.anpost.ie/